Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards €50 Last Man Standing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

All to play for here with probably the bottom 7 all in danger. Worth nothing that Lamper.sffc is the only one to have already used his TC chip

1. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) = 221
    2. Begbysback (An Led) = 201
    3. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) = 178
    4. McBain11 (Calmwood MH) = 167
    5. nullObjects (Crossbar challengers) = 167
    6. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) = 162
    7. Lamper.sffc (Leeds100) = 156
    8. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 152
    9. Seaba (TikaTaka) = 147
    10. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) = 142
    11. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) = 139

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

The 2 that just about survived last month are top 2 this month, it’s a funny ol game this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Green&Red wrote: »
    All to play for here with probably the bottom 7 all in danger. Worth nothing that Lamper.sffc is the only one to have already used his TC chip

1. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) = 221
    2. Begbysback (An Led) = 201
    3. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) = 178
    4. McBain11 (Calmwood MH) = 167
    5. nullObjects (Crossbar challengers) = 167
    6. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) = 162
    7. Lamper.sffc (Leeds100) = 156
    8. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 152
    9. Seaba (TikaTaka) = 147
    10. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) = 142
    11. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) = 139

Dont need it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭McBain11

2 more players to be eliminated when January is completed. Numbers starting to dwindle so we are getting to the serious end of this competition now!

Please be aware of all tie break scenario posted on page 1 of this thread.

Best of luck to all.

This is my favorite time of the month, there’s a very sick part of me that loves being in danger at the end of each month, enjoy the battle and best of luck to all.

• Advertisement

I dont need my captain Mane either :(

• I had a brief look at this league earlier.

Think I’m about 99% to go and most likely the guy at the bottom too unless I’m missing something ?

Looks like a glut of people with the same players so positions shouldn’t change much after this GW.

A haul for Salah against West Ham and I'm in serious trouble as every player below me has Salah TC I think. If Salah gets 13 points plus along with my TC Mane not playing, and I'm goosed I believe.

So it's all to play for.

Similar to myself. I didnt have my TC but I did have Mane as my captain so Im going into the last game with no captain against a Salah TC (if Mane doesnt make it).
    Thank god I had Traore and Firmino. The points they got last night gave me a small buffer back to the bottom two and Ill be praying that its Firmino that does the scoring next week.

Its all fun though :)

Unless I'm going mad, pretty sure I'm a goner in this after Salahs haul. Amazing that the player I captained most all season Salah finishes me off, after I bring Mane in especially to TC him. That decision will haunt me for awhile. Will do full audit tomorrow when I get the chance.

Rotten FPL gameweek on every level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I had a brief look at this league earlier.

Think I’m about 99% to go and most likely the guy at the bottom too unless I’m missing something ?

Looks like a glut of people with the same players so positions shouldn’t change much after this GW.

Looks like another great escape.

• Looks like another great escape.

Really ?

I’m not very good at calculating these type events but when I looked at the table, mid GW, I couldn’t see a way out for myself due to us all having very similar players.

Don't want to jump the gun, but it looks like myself and Leeds100 could be gone after everyone below had TC Salah. The margins are very tight, 2 or 3 points in it by my calculations.

McBain11 wrote: »
    Don't want to jump the gun, but it looks like myself and Leeds100 could be gone after everyone below had TC Salah. The margins are very tight, 2 or 3 points in it by my calculations.

looking that way. Ah well I knew this week would be tough after I used tc last month to save me then. I dont regret using it at I got 40+ with De Bruyne similar to Salah. Its the Mane injury that did me in. Otherwise I think it would have worked. All the best to the rest :p

Then there were 9!! Final January standings below. Any issues with the scores, just let me know. Unlucky Lamper.sffc. Those triple captains were a killer in the end! Hopefully you get some returns in your other FPL leagues.

February ko is this week. 9 players remain. 2 more players will be eliminated at the end January. Best of luck to all.

1. Begbysback (An Led) = 268
    2. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) = 266
    3. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) = 261
    4. nullObjects (Crossbar challengers) = 244
    5. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 241
    6. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) = 240
    7. Seaba (TikaTaka) = 225
    8. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) = 222
    9. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) = 222
    ELIMINATED JANUARY
    10. McBain11 (Calmwood MH) - 223-4 = 219
    11. Lamper.sffc (Leeds100) = 205

12. Rolling Stone (Colonel Getafe) - DECEMBER
    13. Netherlands Goud - DECEMBER
    14. Skreddy - NOVEMBER
    15. cloe - NOVEMBER
    16. Happy4all (Cautious Utd) - OCTOBER
    17. AdPro (The Craggy Islanders) - OCTOBER
    18. Mirwillbeback (Swipe Right) - SEPTEMBER
    19. Mectevba (WB PAT XXX) - SEPTEMBER
    20. Kathleen Grant (Kathleen's Kickers) - AUGUST

Just a note to say that Calmwood MH (my team) have been eliminated from this competition, but as admin I'm leaving them in the league until the end to keep track.

Hopefully nobody will think they are safe this month if Calmwood MH are languishing in the bottom 2 below your team!

Best of luck to all in the next few weeks. 2 players to be eliminated at the end of February as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Looks like it'll run close again this month
    12 points between 3rd and last with 2 gameweeks to go

Best of luck to all heading into the final weekend of February. 2 more players to be eliminated at the end of the month as per usual. Looks like it could be tight at the bottom, so be aware of tie breaker scenarios. Up to date table for February below with points hits included.

1. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) = 204
    2. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) = 178
    3. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) 178-4 = 174
    4. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) = 174
    5. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) = 173
    6. Begbysback (An Led) = 168
    7. nullObjects (Crossbar challengers) 165-4 = 161
    8. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 155
    9. Seaba (TikaTaka) = 153

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looks like Seaba and nullobjects gone this month

That was close, no captain or vice, was saved by watford freak result against Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Yep, I am gone.
    Shocker of a month - held onto Rico, Kelly, Lundstram, Ryan et al for too long
    Actually would have survived if I had played Ward ahead of Saiss (what was I thinking) or if Snodgrass or Ings had stayed on the bench, allowing Ward to spring from my bench.
    Anyways, I enjoyed this league.
    Thanks for organising it John.
    Best of luck to the remaining people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Was far too passive this month, should have cleared out the deadwood.

Thanks a lot for organising, was fun while it lasted.
    Best of luck to the rest of ye as well!

Just 7 players remaining now. Unlucky Seaba and nullObjects, incredibly tight end to the month. Hope you both pick up some winning in other FPL competitions.

2 more players to be eliminated at the end of March. Best of luck to all.

1. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) = 239
    2. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) 220-4 = 216
    3. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 213
    4. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) = 212
    5. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) = 205
    6. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) = 199
    7. Begbysback (An Led) = 198
    ELIMINATED FEBRUARY
    8. Seaba (TikaTaka) = 196
    9. nullObjects (Crossbar challengers) 190-4 = 186
    10. McBain11 (Calmwood MH) - JANUARY
    11. Lamper.sffc (Leeds100) - JANUARY
    12. Rolling Stone (Colonel Getafe) - DECEMBER
    13. Netherlands Goud - DECEMBER
    14. Skreddy - NOVEMBER
    15. cloe - NOVEMBER
    16. Happy4all (Cautious Utd) - OCTOBER
    17. AdPro (The Craggy Islanders) - OCTOBER
    18. Mirwillbeback (Swipe Right) - SEPTEMBER
    19. Mectevba (WB PAT XXX) - SEPTEMBER
    20. Kathleen Grant (Kathleen's Kickers) - AUGUST

Ok lads, we might as well get to the nitty gritty! Obviously there are bigger worries for most people with this feckin virus affecting peoples own health and that of their families, but I have to try and stay on top of this league as well in fairness to all those who have entered and paid good money to do so.

So, we now know there is no PL football until at least April 3rd. My guess is that if it resumes then or a few weeks after that, they will extend the PL and other major European leagues into the summer, thus postponing the Euros until the summer after. There is obviously also a decent chance that the PL is postponed altogether.

This is obviously a monthly last man standing. I am not eliminating any player for March after only 1 week of play, as this was completely unforeseen at this late stage of the competition and the fact that there was basically two thirds of this months uncompleted.

So I have a few proposals.

1. In the event that the PL does not resume at all, I will split the pot equally between all remaining players. So that would be 1000 euros divided by 7 if another ball is not kicked in the PL (143 euros each roughly).

2. In the event that PL does resume, we get a few weeks of play by which point a few more players have been eliminated from this competition, and the PL is then cancelled - I will divide the 1000 euros pot between the remaining 3/4/5 players etc.

3. In the event the PL manages to finish all games, the FPL will obviously have to restructure a lot of gameweeks and fixtures etc. While waiting on exact info from the FPL, I imagine there will still be 8 remaining gameweeks to play. I propose that we take the next 4 of these gameweeks and add them to the 1 week played in March to eliminate our next 2 players. That would leave us with 5 players for the remaining 4 gameweeks to battle it out for the prize. As we've effectively lost a month of play and eliminations, I propose that the top 3 of those remaining 5 players will then be in the money at the end, instead of the original top 2 being paid.

So we would go 1st - 700 euros. 2nd - 200 euros. 3rd - 100 euros.

Please read all of the above lads, but especially the parts in bold. If all remaining players are on board with the above please thank this post. If not, lads feel free to reply and let us all know where you stand.

Most importantly, hopefully everyone and their loved ones keep safe over the next months.

Hope things are well lads. With the PL scheduled to return on June 17th, we might as well square away the restart structure. As per my last post on this thread, I think the fairest thing to do is to add the March scores to the first few weeks after the restart.

MARCH scores PLUS first 4 gws back (GW39 - GW42) - bottom 2 players eliminated.

Last 5 gws (GW43 - GW47) - Top 5 players fight it out for 3 paid places as per revised payout in previous post.

I think that is about the fairest way to proceed, so if everyone is happy with that scenario, give this post a thanks.

Just a few more days to go. Might as well have a contingency plan if the worst happens.

- If the PL is halted before the elimination of 2 players in this LMS comp in GW33+, we will split the monies between the 7 players evenly irrelevant of scores. Once GW33+ kicks off, I will consider that a completed week no matter if certain fixtures are postponed.

- If we are down to 5 players and the PL is halted before GW38+, we will split the monies the monies between the 5 remaining players evenly irrelevant of scores. Once GW38+ kicks off, I will consider that a completed week no matter if certain fixtures are postponed.

Below are the standings going into the new schedule. These scores from March will be added to the first 4 gameweeks on resumption (gw30+, gw31+, gw32+, gw33+), and then the bottom 2 players will be eliminated. Tiebreaker and other rules etc will be as per page 1 of this thread as per normal.

1. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) 99 - 4 = 95
    2. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) 63 - 4 = 59
    3. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 58
    4. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) = 56
    5. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) 52 - 4 = 48
    6. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) = 44
    7. Begbysback (An Led) 45 - 4 = 41

Any issues, just say the word. Best of luck to all in the rest of the FPL season.

Updated table below. 3 more gameweeks before 2 more players are eliminated. If there any errors, no panic, full audit will be done at the end of elimination process.

1. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) 95 + 85 = 180
    2. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) 59 + 107 = 166
    3. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) 58 + 106 = 164
    4. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) 44 + 105 = 149
    5. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) 56 + 89 = 145
    6. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) 48 + 95 = 143
    7. Begbysback (An Led) 41+ 53 = 94

Deeply disheartened, even I can’t weasel me way out of this one, surely.

• Advertisement

Updated table below. The games are flying along! 2 more gameweeks before 2 more players are eliminated. If there any errors, no panic, full audit will be done at the end of elimination process.

1. Jazlynn Little Registration (On me head son) 95 + 85 + 65 = 245
    2. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) 58 + 106 + 81 = 245
    3. Scorpion Sting (There'sOnlyWanBissaka) 56 + 89 + 92 = 237
    4. Tubbercowboy (Craggy Islands Elite) 59 + 107 + 67 = 233
    5. normanoffside (the smugdrugglers) 44 + 105 + 66 = 215

6. Green&Red (MurderonKilbanesFlor) 48 + 95 + 56 = 199
    7. Begbysback (An Led) 41+ 53 + 74 = 168

Advertisement