Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pumps.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭deezell

Is it because they operate two tier pricing?, in early morning and late at night it's automatically reduced? A little over two weeks ago at 6.30am I filled up in Palmerstown at 123.8 I think. Went back the other day and it was 130.8 tho app said 125.8. Filled up in Mountbrown for 124.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

No, even the Applegreen in Palmerston was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Still 1.48 for petrol in Kenmare. Hasn't budged in months

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

I have also noticed errors in Applegreen app in recent weeks also, even though it had the current date the price was way above the actual price.

What happens if you present the app to them in the forecourt? It's their app, so constitutes an advertised price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Means nothing, especially if the pump and forecourt sign is displaying a different price.

Has anyone posted applegreen on their Facebook about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

deezell wrote: »
    What happens if you present the app to them in the forecourt? It's their app, so constitutes an advertised price.

Look up Invitation to treat. The worse you could do is get them for false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, the Applegreen app isn't reliable anymore, prices don't seem to be getting updated despite the app saying they are.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Buffman wrote: »
    Ye, the Applegreen app isn't reliable anymore, prices don't seem to be getting updated despite the app saying they are.
    It was always an anomaly that they would show competitor prices which were lower than theirs. The return of Pumps.ie is anxiously awaited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

KOR101 wrote: »
    It was always an anomaly that they would show competitor prices which were lower than theirs.
    Ye, unfortunately now even their own Applegreen station prices are no longer accurate.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Phoned applegreen cherryorchard 09:25 diesel is 1.20€

Drove to cherry orchard for a fill up,guess what it's 1.30 now, staff apologied , said they got the price wrong when I phoned earlier, You just can't win.

Finally a response from Applegreen
    Good Afternoon

Thank you for your Email. Applegreen has no longer a Price Fuel App.

We are currently working on launching a new improved App.

Kind Regards,

Info Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

Ive bought a domain name for a year, youregreatgas.ie, if anyone wants to help with getting it up and running I'll gladly hand it over.

Im not very tech savvy but if we sort this out ourselves, i reckon things will get back in line .

Also, what i have discovered, is that buying the same amount of fuel at different stations , has resulted in hugely different mileage, and yes i am aware of the difference in driving styles etc, but these were all at about the same speeds and driving.

You mean different brands produce different mileage results? Can you give us a table of the results?

bit vague now its been a long day,

while 14 litres got 136 miles ,
    10 litres elsewhere was 90 miles
    now that i think of it, apparently you get more of a fill if you get it after dark as it becomes more dense the lower the temp

Is this article relevant https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/premium-diesel-petrol/. or are you saying for example a litre of applexxxxx diesel will go further than a litre of circlexxxx diesel? I understand getting fuel when it's cold weather is better also.

thanks for that , those lads are in a different league to me, with their maseratis and jags, god love them !

The additive fuels do produce more Mpg, whither it covers the higher price is hard to determine. I'm more concerned with cheap fuel from spurious looking stations, which definitely produce inferior mpg. Lots of stories about thinning of petrol and diesel with cheap white spirit or similar.

• Advertisement

It's like a cartel out there,all the petrol is 1.48€ a litre

And I know we all should be driving vehicles that run on solar power or wind energy, but while we are still hogtied to petrol cars due to high cost of alternatives, then why not keep an eye on the prices being charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

horse7 wrote: »

Don't know where you are but it's between €1.40-€1.42 down here in the west for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Fuel prices in Ireland are generally fairly stable.
    Go to the UK and see a 12p premium on motorways, here it's only an extra few cent.

And go to Germany, prices vary throughout the day at local stations, and don't go near a petrol station on the autobahn. Massive price swings throughout the day and God help you if you need to fuel to on a bank holiday.

I pulled into one ARAL on the autobahn on my way back to the sixt desk and it was almost 30c more than what I had passed at the start of my journey that day.

I left that ARAL and find an AGIP closer to my destination off the autobahn and filled up there, for 25c,/l cheaper than the ARAL.

The one for thing about Ireland is that fuel prices stay stable, they generally don't bounce up and down for rush hour or b/h weekends.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't know where you are but it's between €1.40-€1.42 down here in the west for petrol.

Most circle K and applegreen in Dublin are 1.43€ for petrol.

Been driving across from dun Laoghaire, 143.9 applegreen booterstown, 139.8 circle k kilmainham,
    140 to 142 around palmerstown. That's just petrol didn't take note of diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 calps

Has anyone been near Mount Brown recently, or the Circle K near Kilmainham? And if so, did you happen to note the price of diesel?

Eagerly awaiting the app btw, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

horse7 wrote: »

Not only that it feels like a new floor has been set. I doubt we will be seeing a return to anything below 1.40 and if it does it will only be for a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I own the domain www.fuelpump.ie if you wish to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Diesel in D4Fuels is currently 125c a litre. Nowhere cheaper than that in Dublin at the moment.

Advertisement