Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

enricoh wrote: »
    Yeah, still don't see anything there in that report , try harder,

You cant have read it fully

So now you’ve a problem with white people using fake tan?

I is loyal!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's not. It's a skin colour thing.
    Try_harder wrote: »
    Only if you make it to be
    Where is that from?
    So its a political slur, more that a racial one
    A link would be nice - guardian isnt a dictionary tho- looks like a dictionary def...

Guardian often has Opinion pieces- which are by definition, not fact

You're doing some gymnastics there. Is it that hard to say ''ok maybe I wasn't fully informed?''.

Here's a link to an article from The Guardian. It's a left leaning publication is it not? Is it not reputable?

Here's GQ Magazine's take on it.

A simple google will show you btw.

So now you’ve a problem with white people using fake tan?

Anyone using fake tan is a douche

You're doing some gymnastics there. Is it that hard to say ''ok maybe I wasn't fully informed?''.

Here's a link to an article from The Guardian. It's a left leaning publication is it not? Is it not reputable?

Thats a light hearted satire piece love

• Advertisement

I know what Gammon is and what people try to portray it as. I call BS on it.

Its not just the meat thats salty tonight in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sexist too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Omackeral wrote:
    Fair enough and tbh I don't give fiddlers about British politics myself but the qualifier is that the person it's leveled it has to be white. Sub that with any other ethnicity and I wonder would it be as acceptable.

Oh but it is acceptable in boards. It's acceptable to call the gang of teenagers in Balbriggan black because that's a fact so how is it not acceptable to use the same term about a gang of white people. Would it be okay if they were just called whites?

Dark Gammon is also available

I actually thought you were capable of being a fair debater but obviously I'm incorrect on that. You're not being honest. I don't see much merit in engaging someone like that. Your Thank You Migrants thread really makes more sense now. And yes, I think people certainly can be racist against their own race.

• Advertisement

Sexist too?

Sexy salty meat! Oh matron! (Gender Of Martron not assumed but has mahoosiv norks!)

I actually thought you were capable of being a fair debater but obviously I'm incorrect on that. You're not being honest. I don't see much merit in engaging someone like that.

Bye Felicia with you bs article dressed up as fact

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Hahaha you are comedy gold .

Imagine trying to complain, you'd have a series of idiots queuing up to call you a racist.

if you express your complaint in a civil manner, then no there won't be a queue of people to call you a racist.
    Ah sweet, another upholder of free speech as long as it's in agreement with them.

Any thoughts on the UK declaring a national emergency at the hundreds of migrants illegally travelling there from France (a safe country and where they should request asylum)?

yeah. they should invest in and resource their border force properly like normal countries. instead of trying to do everything on the cheap or farming it out to the lowest bidder to make it someone else's problem and then blaming others for problems of their own making.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Anyone using fake tan is a douche

Some generalisation. Thought you'd be against that. Anyone that uses the word douche is a spa.

Try_harder wrote:

Ah come on now. Gammon is exactly what Mack described it as. Own it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

BBFAN wrote: »
    Oh but it is acceptable in boards. It's acceptable to call the gang of teenagers in Balbriggan black because that's a fact so how is it not acceptable to use the same term about a gang of white people. Would it be okay if they were just called whites?

What slur is acceptable to call a black person on boards?

Ah come on now. Gammon is exactly what Mack described it as. Own it and move on.

No, its not a racial slur

Ye are all crackers if ye think Gammon is a racial slur!

You had me at ah come on now.

What slur is acceptable to call a black person on boards?

Any apparently. Feral, scumbags, sewer rat. Like me to go on?

• Advertisement

Try_harder wrote:
    You had me at ah come on now.

Off to bed now son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No not really your posts are tiresome

Yeah you're the authority on everything aren't ya?! Jesus you're a self hating one you are. If you're trolling it's sad. If you're being truthful in all this, twice as sad.

After trying to be so virtuous in this thread and it's ironically a racially charged term that's undone ya. You're absolutely sick that you've been caught out with I'd say. Resorting to calling people love and doing the type of gymnastics that Nadia Comaneci would be proud off. You've been found out. Disaster for ya.

You're absolutely disgusted. You're raging. You've become a gammon yourself. Magic.

Off to bed now son.

Daddy? Oh kinky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

None of them refer to skin colour, so yes please do go on.

Yeah you're the authority on everything aren't ya?! Jesus you're a self hating one you are. If you're trolling it's sad. If you're being truthful in all this, twice as sad.

After trying to be so virtuous in this thread and it's ironically a racially charged term that's undone ya. You're absolutely sick that you've been caught out with I'd say. Resorting to calling people love and doing the type of gymnastics that Nadia Comaneci would be proud off. You've been found out. Disaster for ya.

Its my undoing? Sure jan! You are the hero that boards deserves!

It's acceptable to call the gang of teenagers in Balbriggan black because that's a fact

Em yes!!! You said it yourself, that's a fact. It's ok to call someone black. If you use black in a derogatory way, then it's not ok. If you say, for example, ''black bastards'' or ''black animals'' then yeah to me that's racist. Merely saying a gang of black youths isn't. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're coming at me though. If you recall, I was calling that racist a-hole out on the Balbriggan thread.

You're absolutely disgusted. You're raging. You've become a gammon yourself. Magic.

Im raging oh the level of rage inside me will spew forth like... (you know the rest)

• Advertisement

Off to bed now son.

A/S/L?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement