Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-11-2018, 09:32   #1
maccored

Send a message via Skype™ to maccored
UFO, or the Russians?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ng-884774.html

Interesting article about a UFO sighting last Friday. Apparently didnt show on radar. First thought was some form of drone, but its at the ceiling for military drone height. Maybe the russians or some military somewhere are testing something new?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 14:00   #2
Ziycon

It's an interesting one, I listened to the ATC chatter and it seems that multiple sightings were of a light that accelerated at speed from the withnesses left to right, one of the aircraft reported multiple lights and not just a singular one that the other pilots reported.
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 14:12   #3
maccored

yeah, i was listening to that as well. too high for military drones (Preditors max out at 25,000ft) and natural light doesnt zoom off in a different direction
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 14:31   #4
Accumulator

Strange there isn't a better description other than 'two bright lights', assuming it came alongside their plane.
Was there not a mention of hue/colour/shape, or was it simple non-flashing white lights, in uniform pattern.

But interesting mention of bank right and climb at speed (Mach2 is 1534.54 mph in old money)

Wasn't there mention of red light aound Shannon area last month?
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video...k--Ireland.mp4

Saw a red light(s) behaving strangely, but over on the East coast, few miles offshore about 2mths ago.
12-11-2018, 14:44   #5
Ziycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
Strange there isn't a better description other than 'two bright lights', assuming it came alongside their plane.
Was there not a mention of hue/colour/shape, or was it simple non-flashing white lights, in uniform pattern.

But interesting mention of bank right and climb at speed (Mach2 is 1534.54 mph in old money)

Wasn't there mention of red light aound Shannon area last month?
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video...k--Ireland.mp4

Saw a red light(s) behaving strangely, but over on the East coast, few miles offshore about 2mths ago.
There was a report of odd lights over Kerry last month or two the night there was a power outage, henace my previous post in this board but haven't gotten much more on it since then.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 17:17   #6
Gatling

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccored View Post
yeah, i was listening to that as well. too high for military drones (Preditors max out at 25,000ft) and natural light doesnt zoom off in a different direction
Predator are only one type of drones the US and others have low observable UAV or UCAVs that can fly above and beyond predator in ceiling and speeds
12-11-2018, 17:17   #7
BIGT4464

Russians
12-11-2018, 22:03   #8
youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGT4464 View Post
Russians

Meteorite is the official explanation
12-11-2018, 22:09   #9
Reati

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube! View Post
Meteorite is the logical explanation.

I can't imagine advanced alien life has nothing better to though than troll aircraft off the coast of Kerry. Esp when they could be enslaving us instead.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 22:09   #10
prinzeugen

If it was going at mach 2 I am amazed nobody of the ground heard the sonic boom.

There is no way it was the Russians. They don't have the capability.
12-11-2018, 22:14   #11
Cork Boy 53

Klingons on the starboard bow I would think.
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 22:17   #12
OwlsZat

Hopefully we have a journalist decent enough to follow up with the multiple pilots and get the eye witness accounts. Then compare them against the theories.
13-11-2018, 00:04   #13
maccored

i'd go with the meteor theory if they would come out and explain how it could shoot off in a different direction in mid air. I have no idea about meteorites so if they can do it, I'd love to know more. I'd say the pilots saw something and thats its military testing.

Does science say aliens cant exist? I dont think it does. highly unlikely they'd be buzzing around aeroplanes all the same ... not unless they'd been reading douglas adams .. but highly unlikely doesnt mean life cant exist elsewhere.
13-11-2018, 08:01   #14
Reati

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccored View Post
i'd go with the meteor theory if they would come out and explain how it could shoot off in a different direction in mid air. I have no idea about meteorites so if they can do it, I'd love to know more. I'd say the pilots saw something and thats its military testing.

Does science say aliens cant exist? I dont think it does. highly unlikely they'd be buzzing around aeroplanes all the same ... not unless they'd been reading douglas adams .. but highly unlikely doesnt mean life cant exist elsewhere.
Science argues that in all probability alien life does exist. The universe is too big to just be us. All those aircraft were in different places some heading east, others west. We only have thier eyes and a voice recording to go on. Its hard to know what they seen but again, the US wouldn't test military gear off the coast of Ireland. Not out of respect but practically. If it crashes its lost in the ocean and they can't figure it! West to east US is the same run length as the Atlantic so they even have the distance required!
Thanks from:
13-11-2018, 08:04   #15
Peatys

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube! View Post
A Russian meteorite
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline