Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-11-2018, 09:32   #1
maccored
Registered User
 
maccored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,818
Send a message via Skype™ to maccored
UFO, or the Russians?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ng-884774.html

Interesting article about a UFO sighting last Friday. Apparently didnt show on radar. First thought was some form of drone, but its at the ceiling for military drone height. Maybe the russians or some military somewhere are testing something new?
maccored is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 14:00   #2
Ziycon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,898
It's an interesting one, I listened to the ATC chatter and it seems that multiple sightings were of a light that accelerated at speed from the withnesses left to right, one of the aircraft reported multiple lights and not just a singular one that the other pilots reported.
Ziycon is offline  
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 14:12   #3
maccored
Registered User
 
maccored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,818
Send a message via Skype™ to maccored
yeah, i was listening to that as well. too high for military drones (Preditors max out at 25,000ft) and natural light doesnt zoom off in a different direction
maccored is offline  
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 14:31   #4
Accumulator
Registered User
 
Accumulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,763
Strange there isn't a better description other than 'two bright lights', assuming it came alongside their plane.
Was there not a mention of hue/colour/shape, or was it simple non-flashing white lights, in uniform pattern.

But interesting mention of bank right and climb at speed (Mach2 is 1534.54 mph in old money)

Wasn't there mention of red light aound Shannon area last month?
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video...k--Ireland.mp4

Saw a red light(s) behaving strangely, but over on the East coast, few miles offshore about 2mths ago.
Accumulator is offline  
12-11-2018, 14:44   #5
Ziycon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
Strange there isn't a better description other than 'two bright lights', assuming it came alongside their plane.
Was there not a mention of hue/colour/shape, or was it simple non-flashing white lights, in uniform pattern.

But interesting mention of bank right and climb at speed (Mach2 is 1534.54 mph in old money)

Wasn't there mention of red light aound Shannon area last month?
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video...k--Ireland.mp4

Saw a red light(s) behaving strangely, but over on the East coast, few miles offshore about 2mths ago.
There was a report of odd lights over Kerry last month or two the night there was a power outage, henace my previous post in this board but haven't gotten much more on it since then.
Ziycon is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 17:17   #6
Gatling
Registered User
 
Gatling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccored View Post
yeah, i was listening to that as well. too high for military drones (Preditors max out at 25,000ft) and natural light doesnt zoom off in a different direction
Predator are only one type of drones the US and others have low observable UAV or UCAVs that can fly above and beyond predator in ceiling and speeds
Gatling is offline  
12-11-2018, 17:17   #7
BIGT4464
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 169
Russians
BIGT4464 is offline  
12-11-2018, 22:03   #8
youtube!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGT4464 View Post
Russians

Meteorite is the official explanation
youtube! is offline  
12-11-2018, 22:09   #9
Reati
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube! View Post
Meteorite is the official explanation
Meteorite is the logical explanation.

I can't imagine advanced alien life has nothing better to though than troll aircraft off the coast of Kerry. Esp when they could be enslaving us instead.
Reati is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 22:09   #10
prinzeugen
Registered User
 
prinzeugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,566
If it was going at mach 2 I am amazed nobody of the ground heard the sonic boom.

There is no way it was the Russians. They don't have the capability.
prinzeugen is offline  
12-11-2018, 22:14   #11
Cork Boy 53
Registered User
 
Cork Boy 53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,573
Klingons on the starboard bow I would think.
Cork Boy 53 is offline  
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 22:17   #12
OwlsZat
Registered User
 
OwlsZat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 734
Hopefully we have a journalist decent enough to follow up with the multiple pilots and get the eye witness accounts. Then compare them against the theories.
OwlsZat is offline  
13-11-2018, 00:04   #13
maccored
Registered User
 
maccored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,818
Send a message via Skype™ to maccored
i'd go with the meteor theory if they would come out and explain how it could shoot off in a different direction in mid air. I have no idea about meteorites so if they can do it, I'd love to know more. I'd say the pilots saw something and thats its military testing.

Does science say aliens cant exist? I dont think it does. highly unlikely they'd be buzzing around aeroplanes all the same ... not unless they'd been reading douglas adams .. but highly unlikely doesnt mean life cant exist elsewhere.
maccored is offline  
13-11-2018, 08:01   #14
Reati
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccored View Post
i'd go with the meteor theory if they would come out and explain how it could shoot off in a different direction in mid air. I have no idea about meteorites so if they can do it, I'd love to know more. I'd say the pilots saw something and thats its military testing.

Does science say aliens cant exist? I dont think it does. highly unlikely they'd be buzzing around aeroplanes all the same ... not unless they'd been reading douglas adams .. but highly unlikely doesnt mean life cant exist elsewhere.
Science argues that in all probability alien life does exist. The universe is too big to just be us. All those aircraft were in different places some heading east, others west. We only have thier eyes and a voice recording to go on. Its hard to know what they seen but again, the US wouldn't test military gear off the coast of Ireland. Not out of respect but practically. If it crashes its lost in the ocean and they can't figure it! West to east US is the same run length as the Atlantic so they even have the distance required!
Reati is online now  
Thanks from:
13-11-2018, 08:04   #15
Peatys
Registered User
 
Peatys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube! View Post
Meteorite is the official explanation
A Russian meteorite
Peatys is online now  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet