Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

28-10-2018, 09:20   #7501
Evd-Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloc1980 View Post
How do the Casey voters feel about him potentially joining FF? Bit of a blow I'd imagine.
To be honest even though I voted Casey I don't think he would make the best of politicians, I voted for him because I am sick and tired of all the political correctness and not being allowed to comment on career social welfare spongers.

I have a good job and I work hard, yet can't afford to buy a house near my kids or where I grew up. Others I know from years ago in school who have not bothered to make anything of themselves have had houses handed to them by the state and if I dare comment on it I am a right wing racist?! I am all for social welfare as needed but it should not be an option to make a career of it like the Margaret Cash's of this country do.
Advertisement
28-10-2018, 09:28   #7502
pjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
The stance where people on the dole were getting too much but when questioned he didn't actually know how much they were getting?

By all means have an opinion and a debate, but he should know the basic facts ffs

And going by the responses one here, a huge number saying they voted for him are immediately referencing issues with travellers. Not mentioning welfare so much.
You may have missed my Sarcasm Donny
(2) thanks from:
28-10-2018, 09:29   #7503
Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusexmachina View Post
If he knew the exact figure, would you have then agreed with his point?

Ah Jaysus.

There is no point entertaining a person who clearly doesn't know the basic facts of the position he is stating

Here's a definition for you

How can he be so certain that they get too much if he doesn't even have a ballpark notion of how much they get?

Why on earth would you think that him actually knowing the figure would mean that people would have to agree with his stance? But the fact that he doesn't even know the figure proves he's talking shite

Casey is just a chancer and waffler. He was going to "leave" politics. Then decided he'd stay in and start his own party. Today, he wants to join FF and be Taoiseach. He actually has no policies or beliefs other than whatever might suit at that point in time in getting him into some position somewhere.
28-10-2018, 09:30   #7504
Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
You may have missed my Sarcasm Donny

I wasn't the only one
28-10-2018, 09:33   #7505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evd-Burner View Post
To be honest even though I voted Casey I don't think he would make the best of politicians, I voted for him because I am sick and tired of all the political correctness and not being allowed to comment on career social welfare spongers.

I have a good job and I work hard, yet can't afford to buy a house near my kids or where I grew up. Others I know from years ago in school who have not bothered to make anything of themselves have had houses handed to them by the state and if I dare comment on it I am a right wing racist?! I am all for social welfare as needed but it should not be an option to make a career of it like the Margaret Cash's of this country do.
This is the one point I will ram down any politician knocking for votes soon.

A non working person should never be handed a house in an area of their choosing when a working person can’t get the same option.

And they should never be given the same house for 40 euro a week in an estate where people have to pay 1500 a month on a mortgage.

Lads in my class in school who bullied people and where general wasters who dropped out after the junior cert now living in areas with nice shiny houses paying pittance in rent.

It’s wrong on so many levels.
Advertisement
28-10-2018, 09:45   #7506

Much better than having them bullies in the workplace.

There are some people who do not fit in and society is better off leaving them out of the workplace and letting them live in a house on very low money.

Most enterprises value harmony, peace and order in the workplace and would be averse to hiring or retaining a bully or waster into their team.

The alternative to ordinary housing is jail or incarceration which is much more expensive than subsidised housing for these types of people.

It is far from ideal but we can be thankful that the bullies did not turn to serious crime and end up costing society more by being in jail.
28-10-2018, 09:47   #7507

And Casey is joining Fianna Fail. Clearly a man of principles..
(2) thanks from:
28-10-2018, 09:49   #7508

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboKlopp View Post
And Casey is joining Fianna Fail. Clearly a man of principles..
It wasn’t a support vote for him it was to send a message to the government.

Let’s be honest he was clearly out of his depth in the debates!!
(2) thanks from:
28-10-2018, 10:02   #7509
Joeytheparrot

Ah hes great comedy

Yesterday he said he wants all 30,000 travellers to live in Aras an Uachtarain
Today he says he will be the next FF taioseach
Advertisement
28-10-2018, 10:10   #7510
Ursus Horribilis

He's trolling but perhaps that doesn't come across in print
28-10-2018, 10:11   #7511
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
No no. It was his welfare stance that appealed to Casey voters not his comments on travellers.
It's not actually possible for you to know that
28-10-2018, 10:12   #7512
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloc1980 View Post
How do the Casey voters feel about him potentially joining FF? Bit of a blow I'd imagine.
Hilarious. Evidence of a man who has studied the arts of populism.

If he was true to his words then FF would not be a choice for a working person's party.
28-10-2018, 10:17   #7513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30 View Post
It wasn’t a support vote for him it was to send a message to the government.

Let’s be honest he was clearly out of his depth in the debates!!
The government he wants to join!

Let's face it'll, most of these guys are self serving and full of ****!
28-10-2018, 10:17   #7514
P_1

Considering FF are the party responsible for the expansion of the welfare state he is so seemingly against it's a bit rich of the twat to want to join them
28-10-2018, 10:21   #7515
NIMAN

Casey is a very poor orator. He struggles to make his points clearly and I notice he often doesn't finish sentences properly.

He might not be great at this aspect of it all, or make a coherent politician, but he has to be admired for asking speaking his mind, especially in an email where careers can be ruined by one I'll judged sentence.

For that alone, I think he deserves a lot of credit.
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed