Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Machine Head Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Fingers crossed we get the 18-20 song setlists they were doing in the UK. Hoping they play Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones and Game Over from the new album. They've also start playing Now I Lay Thee Down again. Fingers crossed we get those tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Looking at recent set-lists, it's odd seeing Davidian in the middle of the set, instead of being the last song of the night.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Looking at recent set-lists, it's odd seeing Davidian in the middle of the set, instead of being the last song of the night.

I think it's the last song before the first encore I think...

I think it's the last song before the first encore I think...

It was the 13th song in the set when they played Rock City, Nottingham 2 nights ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Below is the set they played Sunday night, if we get something similar I will be ecstatic.
    Intro
    Imperium
    Beautiful Mourning
    Now We Die
    Bite the Bullet
    Locust
    From This Day
    Ten Ton Hammer
    Eyes of the Dead
    Darkness Within
    Bulldozer
    Killers & Kings
    Davidian

Encore:
    Sail Into the Black
    Now I Lay Thee Down
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Game Over
    Old

Encore 2:
    Halo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

are they definitly onstage at 8 tonight ?

s8n wrote: »
    are they definitly onstage at 8 tonight ?

Yeah, it's been posted on The Academy's Facebook page.

It seems Machine Head maybe on earlier than expected tonight, from Mael Mordha's Facebook page
    Unfortunately due to Machine Heads expanded show we have been cancelled tonight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Or not :P

What a brilliant gig! Great mix of old and new tunes. Ears are ringing like crazy but that was unreal!

• Advertisement

Imperium
    Beautiful Mourning
    Now We Die
    Bite the Bullet
    Locust
    Beneath the Silt
    From This Day
    Ten Ton Hammer
    In Comes the Flood
    Darkness Within
    Intermission
    (Declaration)
    Bulldozer
    Killers & Kings
    Davidian
    Sail Into the Black
    Now I Lay Thee Down
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Game Over
    Old
    Encore:
    Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well that was enjoyable. The impromptu cover session involving tother three from the band in fibbers also was

P_1 wrote: »
    Well that was enjoyable. The impromptu cover session involving tother three from the band in fibbers also was

What covers did they do? Raging I missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What covers did they do? Raging I missed that

I got to actual gig missing opening song due to them startin earlier.... Still saw more Machine Head than most that night.

That they were gonna play a set in Fibbers rumour was going around about an hour after I went in there didn't believe it till I heard it from Dave Mc himself! Well
    3/4 MH dunno if Phil Demmel went there but he didnt take part.

They played War Pigs,Iron Man,Blood Sweat the tears,Hallowed be Thy Name,Number Of the Beast,Creeping Death, Walk,Territory,The Trooper

Last about 3 songs were a bit messy as they had crowd members up to try sing them! Twas mighty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭hellyeah

Really enjoyed last night. Perfect set for me of new and old.
    Band seem really tight. I think the new bass player has brought some
    much needed energy to the band.
    Have seen them many times but that was the most enjoyable for me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Band were on top form last night but I'm not really impressed by the material off the last two albums. They all follow the same kind of sound as the blackening but not as good.

Found myself getting bored during those songs.

Other than that I couldn't fault there performance and energy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Used to love this band. Met them in 2011 and interviewed them, wasn't massively impressed by their conduct .

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I got to actual gig missing opening song due to them startin earlier.... Still saw more Machine Head than most that night.

That they were gonna play a set in Fibbers rumour was going around about an hour after I went in there didn't believe it till I heard it from Dave Mc himself! Well
    3/4 MH dunno if Phil Demmel went there but he didnt take part.

They played War Pigs,Iron Man,Blood Sweat the tears,Hallowed be Thy Name,Number Of the Beast,Creeping Death, Walk,Territory,The Trooper

Last about 3 songs were a bit messy as they had crowd members up to try sing them! Twas mighty good.

Goddamn, looks and sounds like it was great craic

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/machine-head/2014/fibber-magees-dublin-ireland-5bcd0bf8.html

Forgot about this thread, so bumping it, Machine Head are back in Dublin @ The Olympia, Sunday March 6th.

And they are releasing a new track this month..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Forgot about this thread, so bumping it, Machine Head are back in Dublin @ The Olympia, Sunday March 6th.

Really looking forward to this gig, saw them before when they opened for Slipknot in London and they were class!

Didn't know about the new track, something else to look forward to now as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm a bit apprehensive about the gig based on it been in the Olympia.

I was at Clutch there last year and it's an awful venue for a metal show imo, particularly for a band like Machine Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm a bit apprehensive about the gig based on it been in the Olympia.

I was at Clutch there last year and it's an awful venue for a metal show imo, particularly for a band like Machine Head.

Yeah I'm doing Glasgow also even though I have a ticket for Dublin (unsure if I can make it anyway),

Was at me fair share of gigs in the Olympia including said Clutch gig and last time MH played there and share the same feelings tripe venue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Its a poor venue for a metal gig, aye. They made the most of it last time seeing them there, would reckon they'll do it again. Shame it has to be on the same night as Sabaton and Alestorm, would have been a good weekend for gigs but sure MH never fail to provide, and I'll be there once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 deeeznuuuts

Machine Head at Belfast now sold out folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Looks like standing tickets in the Olympia are sold out now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Hope Robb's voice recovers! Blew it out 5 songs into their set at a gig in France last night, had to cancel the rest of the set.

Hope Robb's voice recovers! Blew it out 5 songs into their set at a gig in France last night, had to cancel the rest of the set.

He was told not to sing for something like 4 days or something like that, there's a video apology on the Machine Head Facebook, so some of their French run will be rescheduled by the looks of it.

Edit nevermind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anybody know stage times for tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

About to ask the same. Doors are at 7 and no support act... About 8-8.30 on stage?

Advertisement