Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non Alcoholic Beer and Antibiotics

• 23-10-2019 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Just wondering is it safe to drink non alcoholic beer with antibiotics without it reducing their effect, I have done it with alcohol before but it just reduced their effect so dont really want to do that again. Has anyone ever done it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nearly all "non alcoholic" beers have alcohol in them. Very limited amounts but it still has to be processed by your body and that's where the potential reduced effectiveness comes from.

Those that actually don't, the ones usually marketed to Islamic countries, are just soft drinks and can be treated as such.

Also remember that metronidazole has an actual reaction to alcohol and it's recommended to avoid even low alcohol products

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Staystrong32

I believe, non alcoholic beer is nothing for antibiotics. Because it even doesn't influence much on your liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Miall108 wrote: »
    Just wondering is it safe to drink non alcoholic beer with antibiotics without it reducing their effect, I have done it with alcohol before but it just reduced their effect so dont really want to do that again. Has anyone ever done it?

Just ask your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Just ask your doctor.

No, ask your pharmacist!

Advertisement