Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Handling a bullying co-worker

Options
  • 19-10-2019 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently started a new job, I was looking forward to it as I got on well with the management and it seemed to be a good fit. I started with a group of new hires, everyone seemed to be nice, but as the days have gone on, one of the new hires has essentially being jumping on everything I say or do, mocking me and saying some really insulting things, the problem is he gets on really well with everyone, especially the people in charge. I can see also he continuously baits me to respond so he can say I'm being oversensitive, and escalate things so that he is the victim, I'm kind of stuck where I don't know how to respond to him, so I'll just keep ignoring what he says and does but it's a really crappy situation for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Start writing things down with dates and who else was present, after a couple of months look at it objectively and if it's still an issue bring it to hr and or your manager with the evidence and ask for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I would have at one time advised holding tough, taking notes and seeing how things go but tbh if this person continues treating you like this then i dont see how youll be willing to continue working in this place.

You're entitled to a safe working environment free of bullying and if you dont deal with it now it could get worse.

Id advise standing up to this person. Call them out on their behaviour.
    In a workplace, its completely unacceptable.

inform them once, promptly and seriously, that you dont appreciate the pattern forming and that it stops or you escalate.

follow through if it doesnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If you don't challenge it, it's really game over.
    So you've nothing to lose by challenging it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's basically trolling in real life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement