Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ravens

• 11-10-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Have ravens finally made a decent come back lately? I'm seeing more here in north county Dublin than ever before. Beautiful birds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Canaan Long Symbol

No substantial change in their numbers, that I'm aware of but they were always more common than many people thought. Mother Dublin always had a few hanging about,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭vandriver

We have them in Dublin 12.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

They've increased a good bit in relatively recent times for sure. Lack of indiscriminate poisons in recent years will have aided them I'm sure, but they're a tough and smart generalist so in many ways its not surprising.

Worth looking at their distribution changes between bird atlases: https://app.bto.org/mapstore/StoreServlet?id=456

Advertisement