Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sinn Watches

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Liking that 6000 Frankfurter.
    Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The 104 is just about perfect imho.

https://postimg.cc/Z9pGwrgT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The wait begins...

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The wait begins...

Delivered in about 18 hours after being told it was ready for UPS to pick it up. Pretty impressive really.

I now need to find time and good light to take some pictures. That might have to wait until the weekend.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble removing the pins on the bracelet to get it sized up.

First pin came out no bother but now I can't seem to get any other pin to unscrew and it looks like the tool they give you to unscrew them has bent.

I've put it away for the evening so I don't damage the watch trying to get pins out while frustrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Definitely don't try to force anything - you don't want to strip the threads inside the bracelet. If you're around dublin city centre week days I can bring my watchmaker screwdriver set over (or you could buy a set off the net too) - a good screwdriver set is always handy to have.

As an aside - I do prefer the ol' pin set bracelets - a simple mallet and needle set pops out almost any stubborn pin.

That's a very kind offer but won't be necessary.

I did some reading and hot water on the bracelet was the general solution to loosen up the adhesive Sinn use. It worked for me eventually.

I might need to pop a link back in though. It seems a touch snug at the moment but I'll see how it feels after wearing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So what'd ya buy Frank?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I did some reading and hot water on the bracelet was the general solution to loosen up the adhesive Sinn use. It worked for me eventually.

I might need to pop a link back in though. It seems a touch snug at the moment but I'll see how it feels after wearing it tomorrow.

Good to hear it all worked out - 2 things in fitting a bracelet:
    1) your wrist might have expanded during your exertion in trying to remove the link so it might have swelled beyond natural size so maybe current size is fine; or
    2) conversely you generally want to size a bit looser since if your wrist hasn't swelled up there will be situations (hot office, exertions etc.) when it will and you definitely don't want the bracelet to be digging into your wrists then.

Perhaps give it a try when you wake up tomorrow morning - if should be a bit loose since your wrist size should be "slim" first thing in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Ugh, hate that. Happens to me with trousers, in the states you can get 33 W fits me perfect usually, here I can only ever find a 32 or 34 and usually neither is as good.

With watches I would always lean towards wearing the looser option. Some might think it makes you more susceptible to dings and scratches but thats why you buy a Sinn they are tough, and I think it looks much more stylish when they lay a bit loose, vs when they look bolted on your wrist it looks naff like a nerd with their trousers cinched up high and tight. Which is why I think Gshocks etc look awful the ppl who wear them always have them like a tourniquet on a thick freckled foreaarm :)

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    So what'd ya buy Frank?

556 I with the black mother of pearl dial.

556 I with the black mother of pearl dial.

I'm not jealous!
    I'm not even bovvered! Do I look like I'm bovvered!
    :pac:

Seriously tho!
    Well wear, may it bring a smile to your face every time you check the time.

I've started down the slippery slope - I want the 104 now as well. Maybe next year

I've started down the slippery slope - I want the 104 now as well. Maybe next year

I feel the same way.
    I practically stole a U2 recently considering how cheap I picked it up for.
    It has issues and is getting a new rotor and mainspring fitted at the moment.
    But that and their catalogue and my love of aviation related paraphernalia may lead to me spending my next pension payment in Frankfurt :pac:

IMG-20191003-125307372.jpg

I'll try get a better picture at the weekend of the mother of pearl pattern if I can. It's rather subtle so could be tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Looks awesome man, lovely minimal dial and the bracelet looks great, much prefer that style (dunno what they call it) to h links or jubilee. Excellent choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

The 556i is a beaut, congrats.
    I'd kill for a 756 diapal! I've a thousand things the money would be way better spent on!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Sinn make some beautiful watches

I'll try get a better picture at the weekend of the mother of pearl pattern if I can. It's rather subtle so could be tricky.

Some picture attached of the mother of pearl effect as best as I could photo it right now.

Hopefully the images aren't enormous - I mainly use boards from my phone so not sure how they will turn out.

492464.jpg

Got the extra link into the bracelet also so it's now just how I like to wear metal bracelets.

Advertisement