Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No birds at feeder

• 27-09-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

I've been constantly putting out feed for the last 2 years. Loads of birds feeding on them constantly . But for the last 2 weeks they haven't been touched . I haven't changed the type feed or anything . Is there a reason for it

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

Has 5G been rolled out in your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Has 5G been rolled out in your area?

bcc106c8dfaa88542b5d36cf9ac96347.jpg

D3V!L wrote: »

A majority of the speakers at the hearing opposed the impending installation, with many suggesting that the radio-frequency energy that the devices emit is harmful. Burbank residents aired similar concerns during a town hall meeting in February.

Where the devices are installed, “birds are dying and bees are dying,” Irena Varjabedian said during the hearing.

www. latimes.com/socal/glendale-news-press/news/story/2019-09-05/at-t-5g-permits-approved-glendale

5G is well known to be terrible for birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

A majority of the speakers at the hearing opposed the impending installation, with many suggesting that the radio-frequency energy that the devices emit is harmful. Burbank residents aired similar concerns during a town hall meeting in February.

Where the devices are installed, “birds are dying and bees are dying,” Irena Varjabedian said during the hearing.

www. latimes.com/socal/glendale-news-press/news/story/2019-09-05/at-t-5g-permits-approved-glendale

5G is well known to be terrible for birds.

But if he only had 4G would thay mean that he would only have 20% of the birds that he would have had if G's were never invented?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Maybe the birds can't get a signal because only 3G is available in the area and they've gone somewhere better.

• Advertisement

But if he only had 4G would thay mean that he would only have 20% of the birds that he would have had if G's were never invented?

5g is a completely different technology to 4g.

In case you didn't know, 5g has been banned in Brussels. I wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭victor8600

I've been constantly putting out feed for the last 2 years. Loads of birds feeding on them constantly . But for the last 2 weeks they haven't been touched . I haven't changed the type feed or anything . Is there a reason for it

They may have found a rich food source nearby which only became available 2 weeks ago.

5g is a completely different technology to 4g.

In case you didn't know, 5g has been banned in Brussels. I wonder why.

Can you provide a link to this?

Can you provide a link to this?

Volia, et merci beaucoup. :o

https://www .fiercewireless.com/5g/brussels-halts-5g-plans-over-radiation-rules

Volia, et merci beaucoup. :o

https://www .fiercewireless.com/5g/brussels-halts-5g-plans-over-radiation-rules

Pretty dumb on their behalf but back on topic for the op, with the mild autumn there is probably an abundance of natural food available to the birds at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

people often get upset about mobile phone masts, and living say 500m from them.
    they usually seem less concerned about mobile phone use. which do you think exposes you to more radiation; the large transmitter 500m away, or the small one you hold against the side of your head (bearing in mind that the radiation drops off with the square of the distance)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Many cats in the area op?

Pretty dumb on their behalf but back on topic for the op, with the mild autumn there is probably an abundance of natural food available to the birds at the moment.

LOL!:o:o:o Ignorance is bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When we're finished with the nonsense....

This time of year sees many garden birds feeding On 'natural' food nearby. This year has a bumper seed and fruit crop and an abundance of insect life at the moment.

Are you in an urban, suburban, or rural setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Volia, et merci beaucoup.

Well done , God some ppl have to have proof for everything written here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

When we're finished with the nonsense....

This time of year sees many garden birds feeding On 'natural' food nearby. This year has a bumper seed and fruit crop and an abundance of insect life at the moment.

Are you in an urban, suburban, or rural setting?

OP - this is the answer. Things might be relatively quiet for a few weeks but by mid-November or thereabouts things will be back to 'normal'.

Mod Note: Closing this thread as it's become seriously derailed. OP if you want it re-opened let me know via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I posted a few weeks ago about my birdfeeders being vacant for a while , thankfully for the last week now , the bird feeders are going non stop . Delighted now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement