Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loftus hall

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Charlotte_T

Hi all, there will be a book coming out on the history of the Hall very soon which attempts to disclose the whole story also from a paranormal angle. The book has been written by Helena B. Scott (a medium and writer of history/Gothic genre) and features the work of photographer Steve Meyler (former head of forensic photography with Scotland Yard and the London Met. Police) whose work can also be seen in a permanent exhibition at Loftus Hall. For more info check out Helena B. Scott on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Does anyone know what happened to the former owner Mrs Deveraux ?i presume she is dead now but quiet strange she never said anything about the place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened to the former owner Mrs Deveraux ?i presume she is dead now but quiet strange she never said anything about the place ?
    Kay Deveraux moved to London after selling up, last I heard she was still alive in London in 2013 but haven't looked much into her so not sure if shes still alove or not.

There were supposedly constant goings on when the Deveraux's lived there, Mr Deveraux passed away while living there and eventually it's said that Kay Deveraux left in a hurry due to 'being forced out' by something, leaving clothes and belongings behind, not sure how true this is or if it's another story fabricated to keep the mystic around the property.

It was widely known about the 'ghostly going ons' when the Deveraux's ran the place as a hotel, it was one of the allures of the place that attracted people.

Maybe Kay Deveraux didn't want to talk personally about what went on either out of fear or possibly out of not wanting to damage the mystic of the property and in turn accidently affect the numbers of people that flocked there to stay over and have an experience when it was a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jennie27

I don't know I tried to find her I have a letter written to Tommy who I think is micheals brother from a Louise in dollis hill london it's addressed to loftus hall hotel would love to return it

Kay Deveruex has passed away. Not sure when though.

• Advertisement

Werewolf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Heard an ad on the radio for Ireland's anchient east with Loftus hall included in it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Anyone with a logical mind can see the whole devil and card game thing was clearly a smokescreen for explaining the pregnancy of a young woman, the murder of her baby and then locking her up in a room for years. But having been down there a few times, the whole energy of the place is incredibly skewed and there is a horrible atmosphere, particularly down that long corridor at the end of the tour.

Its like the building has absorbed every bad thing, memory and feeling that even occurred under its roof and is now spitting it back. I don't believe there is a demonic presence down there and all these ghost tours and the paranormal stays down there is nothing but a cash cow but I sure as hell would never spend a night alone there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Anyone with a logical mind can see the whole devil and card game thing was clearly a smokescreen for explaining the pregnancy of a young woman, the murder of her baby and then locking her up in a room for years. But having been down there a few times, the whole energy of the place is incredibly skewed and there is a horrible atmosphere, particularly down that long corridor at the end of the tour.

Its like the building has absorbed every bad thing, memory and feeling that even occurred under its roof and is now spitting it back. I don't believe there is a demonic presence down there and all these ghost tours and the paranormal stays down there is nothing but a cash cow but I sure as hell would never spend a night alone there myself.
    Slight tangent here but I've always found it very interesting the way people associate an assumed enegry with a location once you know the history. What if you knew nothing about the house or corridor, and had a feeling there, would you even notice that feeling let alone make it stop you spending the night there.

I guarantee you've been many places in your day to day life were someone passed away but you just never knew about it, hotels, house you bought or rented, bus you sit on, stadium you watch your favorite sports at etc.

Death is all around you, don't let a story put you off going or staying somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭maccored

hasnt the hellfire club got exactly the same story? nevermind, it was Redmond hall and not loftus hall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ziycon wrote: »
    I guarantee you've been many places in your day to day life were someone passed away but you just never knew about it, hotels, house you bought or rented, bus you sit on, stadium you watch your favorite sports at etc.

totally agree - in fact with the age of the earth theres a good chance that someone has died or been buried virtually everywhere within our living environment

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CH1123581321

https://youtu.be/ltIcW2xMuzs

A movie called "The Lodgers" that was filmed in Loftus Hall was released on Netflix in 2018.

Advertisement