Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cellos for rent

• 10-02-2018 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I'm looking to pick up the cello, I have my senior cert done for piano and want to start something new!

I was wondering if anybody knows any companies that rent cellos for beginners, preferably in the west but it isn't too much of an issue. What would the price range (roughly) be for a beginner's cello to rent for a year or 6 months? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

I'd greatly appreciate any answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

I'm looking to pick up the cello, I have my senior cert done for piano and want to start something new!

I was wondering if anybody knows any companies that rent cellos for beginners, preferably in the west but it isn't too much of an issue. What would the price range (roughly) be for a beginner's cello to rent for a year or 6 months? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

I'd greatly appreciate any answers!

this is getting a bit old - have you found out anything about this (from other sources ...). thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Nope! The CBOI are renting some if you’re willing to join them, but I’m not sure of the age range.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

You can rent a cello from plenty of stores around Dublin.

Usually it's around 50 a month, then they'll knock that off your buy if you want it after x months.

A beginner cello will only set you back 300 though.

Advertisement