Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the landscape like?

• 06-12-2016 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've opened my own company and am ready to launch 2 games in a few months. I will most surely need help with my next project, since it will be too big for me and my colleague to handle. I'm curious about the developer landscape in Ireland, specifically Cavan (seeing how CI has game dev course, even though such things are horribly outdated in terms of pipeline).

So has anyone here had to hire people in Cavan for positions like 3d modelling, texturing or level design?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

To be honest, most of those students probably left.

I'd ask about the dev scene over in the development forum though, you might get more responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kensei

I was under the impression that THIS was the development forum. Could you please give me a link?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Kensei wrote: »
    I was under the impression that THIS was the development forum. Could you please give me a link?

Thanks in advance.
    This is the game development forum alright but there's a more generic dev forum here -->http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=25

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PResident_Evil

Surprised how dead this forum is.

I'll be hoping to add some of my own content here in the coming weeks. Have a load of old game projects gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MadDogGames

Hi Guys I'd really appreciate if you could fill out the following survey which would help a small start up developer get off it's feet! will literally take only 2 mins https://goo.gl/forms/jinc0Iza7KUsfgS22 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kensei

You have 2 typos on your survey. You should really make another thread for this. Even though the forum is dead, this still is a topic hijack.

Due to the lack of people here I'll humour you though, if you want your game to be successful in Ireland, make the irish football game. If even a quarter of the people that play it IRL get into your game, it will be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PResident_Evil

>Surprised how dead this forum is.

...and he was never heard from again ha.

I DO intend to post some of my stuff. As soon as work, family and procrastination stop getting in the way.

Advertisement