Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultegra 6800 11 speed groupset for sale

Options
  • 11-10-2019 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭

IMG-20190531-182905-672.jpg

A little heads up for anyone looking for a groupset. Due to an imminent upgrade, my old one is going to be available around the middle of next week. It's coming off a TCR advanced pro, pictured above, most of the groupset is from a 2016 build, except for the levers which were bought new in May 2018, and also the cassette (12:32 I think...) and chain which have obviously been changed out a number of times.

Levers are almost new and mint, derailleurs and brakes are all in great nick. The chainset (172.5, and 52:36) has plenty of miles on it, it's got a bit of footrub and could do with a replacement inner chainring. The whole bike was serviced in cyclesuperstore over the summer and I've been using another bike since. As you can see from the pics, I keep her clean. So the cables and bottom bracket should all be perfect. I don't know what the story is with bottom bracket disassembly though - can they be re-used? (For some reason I have this idea that with press-fits that they are fit-once?)

Asking 300 quid for the lot and would prefer to let it go in one job lot and preferably collection/delivery. If there's interest in splitting then I can see about individually pricing bits accordingly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Seadin

fat bloke wrote: »
    IMG-20190531-182905-672.jpg

A little heads up for anyone looking for a groupset. Due to an imminent upgrade, my old one is going to be available around the middle of next week. It's coming off a TCR advanced pro, pictured above, most of the groupset is from a 2016 build, except for the levers which were bought new in May 2018, and also the cassette (12:32 I think...) and chain which have obviously been changed out a number of times.

Levers are almost new and mint, derailleurs and brakes are all in great nick. The chainset (172.5, and 52:36) has plenty of miles on it, it's got a bit of footrub and could do with a replacement inner chainring. The whole bike was serviced in cyclesuperstore over the summer and I've been using another bike since. As you can see from the pics, I keep her clean. So the cables and bottom bracket should all be perfect. I don't know what the story is with bottom bracket disassembly though - can they be re-used? (For some reason I have this idea that with press-fits that they are fit-once?)

Asking 300 quid for the lot and would prefer to let it go in one job lot and preferably collection/delivery. If there's interest in splitting then I can see about individually pricing bits accordingly.

Would you sell the shifters on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Yeah, might do. I haven't had a chance to strip yet. I'll hopefully have it done this week and I'll put up pics and prices of individual bits.

edit - based on new prices of close to 200 quid I reckon I'd be firm and fair enough at 120 for the pair. If that grabs you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

If you can wait 2 weeks I can offer €250 for the whole group?
    #payday

eeeee wrote: »
    If you can wait 2 weeks I can offer €250 for the whole group?
    #payday

Emmmmm....g'wan, 275 and we've a deal!

Deal!
    Thanks Fat Bloke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭5CHULZY

Emmmmm....g'wan, 275 and we've a deal!

Might be interested if deal doesn't happen

I'll keep you posted. No confirmation from eeeeeeeeeee (?) yet. :)

I'll keep you posted. No confirmation from eeeeeeeeeee (?) yet. :)

I'm in! Payday week after next.
    Jessica (the bike) is all excited!

Collected today from the not in any way shape or form Fat Bloke.
    Group was perfect, thanks FB!

No bother. Nice to meetcha and kudos for cycling over to collect. Hardcore! :)

• Advertisement

No bother. Nice to meetcha and kudos for cycling over to collect. Hardcore! :)

Ha ha I was in need of a good drenching:pac:

Advertisement