Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

shower water issues

• 17-02-2019 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

shower installed. Have to turn flow power to zero and water down to cold for a min until cold water starts to flow properly. 30 secs later I can turn up flow power and then another 30 seconds I can add in the hot water. The shower is perfect then.

I've tried the advice of trying to switch from hot water to cold water but no joy.

Any ideas of what I should do next?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Make and model of the shower?

Power or electric shower?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Reggie Junior

Waste of time fixing showers, replace. Found that out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

AS200XT TRITON POWER SHOWER

tinner777 wrote:
    AS200XT TRITON POWER SHOWER

I believe that it's installed incorrectly.

If you turn up the power does the water splutter?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I believe that it's installed incorrectly.

If you turn up the power does the water splutter?

yes

• Advertisement

tinner777 wrote:
    yes

This shower can be fed from the rear & at the bottom of the shower. There are two white plug that the installer should h put in the bott inlets if they aren't being used. Whithout the plugs it will suck in air..

If the plugs are in place then the only other thing left is that the installer took the hot from the expansion pipe ag sucking in air. Either way itself the installers fault. Get the installer back to do it correctly

so, got better for a bit then worse again. Plumber says can't work it out. Get a service call. Cant find receipt so i'll be paying. Telling me to budget for €80 plus parts. I can get the same shower new for £130 new from uk. Should I just get the new one???

tinner777 wrote:
    so, got better for a bit then worse again. Plumber says can't work it out. Get a service call. Cant find receipt so i'll be paying. Telling me to budget for €80 plus parts. I can get the same shower new for £130 new from uk. Should I just get the new one???

If your shower is installed incorrectly then replacing it won't fix it issue. Unfortunately you will pay a call out charge if its installed incorrectly but triton won't alter the installation.

It sounds to me that it is sucking in air due to a bad installation. As I said before there are two likely issues. One is that installer dumped two white plugs that are supposed to be used as blanks on the unused inlets. Inlets are none return so water won't leak out but air can be sucked in. Other possibly is the hot pipe was taken from the expansion pipe and again sucking in air.

Does it only splutter on hot & return to normal when all the way to cold?

I just read the opening post again.

Can you post a pic of inside the hot press. Particularly where the half inch hot supply for the shower is taken off the cylinder or off the 3/4 inch pipe.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I just read the opening post again.

Can you post a pic of inside the hot press. Particularly where the half inch hot supply for the shower is taken off the cylinder or off the 3/4 inch pipe.

Hi; in fairness, this shower replaced an older triton shower that worked for years without issue. I'll try and get pics tomorrow. I had a look in the shower myself and plugs seem to be there as per installer book. If I turn the internal adjuster to start at hot. It will start really hot but splutter when I try to introduce cold water. It will not start, just splutters, if left in the middle.

• Advertisement

tinner777 wrote: »
    Hi; in fairness, this shower replaced an older triton shower that worked for years without issue. I'll try and get pics tomorrow. I had a look in the shower myself and plugs seem to be there as per installer book. If I turn the internal adjuster to start at hot. It will start really hot but splutter when I try to introduce cold water. It will not start, just splutters, if left in the middle.
    The shower works well once it's left to start on cold for a few mins. It warms and it has good power

Advertisement