Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aircraft Carrier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by vac
    http://www.frenchcreekboatsales.com/details.asp?File_Number=BOP12

$4.5 Million? Sounds like a bargain to me.

Buy it before one of those n-sync twats buys it!1

hmmm wonder would they swap a gf4 card and 2 hard disks for it, might just fit into the swimming pool, does the planes come with it, Ive always wanted to invade somwhere

Ok i start bidding with 100 euro no more no less

regards

shin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It can take a crew of 1000 + all mod cons - Cinema / bakery / hospital etc. - So park it in on the Quays just beside the IFSC and sell each of the little rooms for €200,000...

You could use the flight deck as a pitch & Putt course or a VIP helicopter park - hangers would make a nice place for concerts - and you are right beside the point depot.

Also could use the engines as backup generators for the IFSC

Lots of revenue streams..

eg: sail it 10 miles off shore and it's a tax haven - no stamp duty on the appartments !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

for the same price as 18 2-bed apartments (15000sqft) you get 36000sqft of top deck - a definite bargain.

Of course, another idea would be to register in a 'loose' regime, and have an offshore den of iniquity, with duty free trips

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I wonder if Ryanair have spotted this, this could b their chance to finally rid themselves of Aer Rianta.
    All's they'd have to do is fit capapults and arrester hooks to their planes and the'd be sorted.
    (no smart comments about the winspan of 737's versus deck width please;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Okay it's sad but I looked, older 737 have a wign span as little as 87ft, more modern ones up to 114ft. Given that our carrier deck is only 80ft beam, there's a prob.

However, the US navy did launch land bombers from carriers in WW2, (Doolittle Raid) by offsetting the plane to the very left, so that the undercarraige was still on the deck, and there was approx 6ft clearence beteen the wing tip and the island (control tower) on the right.

So wingsapan issues could be overcome but...

Of course the 737 needs 1000s of feet of take off runway - not our 600ft. And they'd never be able to land on board:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I dunno Borzoi, i reckon O'Leary would go to some extreme measures just to give the finger to Aer Rianta: Racket assist take offs, cutting of a foot or two of wing...
    Ye never know he could probably tell boeing to design and build him shorter wingspan 737's cause he's buying such a ****e load of them.:rolleyes:

Advertisement