Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Now its great to see Sean Cox on the mend, but I think there is ulterior motives at play with Liverpool inviting him to attend the game this weekend.

If they were playing a mid- to lower table team instead on Sunday, do I think he'd be a guest of honour? I don't. They are the masters at stoking up extra atmosphere from the crowd, and will use the occasion to add a layer of intimidation for City.

Different breed.

What a bizarre post

They're going to intimidate Man City by inviting a disabled person to the game

Ok chief

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Unless you pick a professional that’s exclusively female, you pick the top ten of anything, and women are nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

If women are excluded from anything, the presumption from them is always that men kept them out. Rather than thinking there’s a chance that there just not good enough to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Midster wrote: »
    Unless you pick a professional that’s exclusively female, you pick the top ten of anything, and women are nowhere to be seen.
    Chefs, hairdressing, fashion design - the sooner women stop getting oppressed in these professions they will reach the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I don't understand the hatred of us Irish to the poppy and remembrance day
    A lot of Irish died fighting for them too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

smilerf wrote: »
    I don't understand the hatred of us Irish to the poppy and remembrance day
    A lot of Irish died fighting for them too
    True, they're the forgotten men of Irish history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

True, they're the forgotten men of Irish history.

true, however they fought for Britain and other reasons, not for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Does it matter. They still died

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The WW1 men fought when the Act of Union was still in place. The origins of the poppy symbol come from this war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I would never employ a woman.

men dont suffer periods which cause some of them to be less productive every month.
    Also some women take maternity leave longer than any man, which means you not only have to pay them when they are off, you have to hire someone else to take over their role.

Notice how i said "some", as I am not saying its that way for all, but from a business sense, its not economically viable.

"sits and wait for the calls of me being a woman hating sexist"

Hand on lad.

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    Does it matter. They still died
    and ?

what has that got to do with the point.

If irish people died for Isis are we suppose to be sympathetic towards Isis ?

To me the british army was an occupying force and a terrorist organisation, and still is in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

The main reason women don’t get promoted is because managers don’t want to tell their wives they promoted a woman or tell them they now go for lunch with women because the next question will always be

Is she good looking.

Better hassle just to promote the man. That’s 95 per cent the reason for sexism in the workplace. The rest is maternity leave and menstrual cycle.

johnire wrote: »
    Women who go on endlessly about gender balance in the workplace but this doesn’t seem to apply to jobs like pest controllers, refuse collectors,couriers,waste disposal depots.....in other words any job that is traditionally seen as extremely hard work-can be messy and not always the most pleasant.
    Why are women constantly claiming that there’s lack of gender balance in the media,government,managerial roles etc but there not so quick to want to do jobs in the sectors I’ve given examples of?
    I’m all for gender balance but it’s not right to pick and choose where the balance should be. It’s all or nothing.

If I had a choice between being a refuse collector and a cleaner, I’d choose the former. Most cleaners are women. When this argument arises, why do people pretend that women don’t do any tough low-paid jobs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

BDI wrote: »
    The main reason women don’t get promoted is because managers don’t want to tell their wives they promoted a woman or tell them they now go for lunch with women because the next question will always be

Is she good looking.

Better hassle just to promote the man. That’s 95 per cent the reason for sexism in the workplace. The rest is maternity leave and menstrual cycle.
    Don’t forget the menopause .

Why would women bosses not promote women ?

blinding wrote: »
    Don’t forget the menopause .

Why would women bosses not promote women ?

Because they don’t want some younger prettier girl coming and taking what they have.

Because they don’t want some younger prettier girl coming and taking what they have.

I think people don’t want anyone taking what they have.

I think people don’t want anyone taking what they have.

Yes but I told you why women don’t get promoted by men, then somebody asked why they don’t get promoted by women so I told them.

Yes but I told you why women don’t get promoted by men, then somebody asked why they don’t get promoted by women so I told them.

Told me why? :D You gave your opinion. Which is the thread but there’s no telling people when it comes to opinions. Thank fuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

what is the name of this thread ?

Its my opinion, and its unpopular, but financially my post has merit, or have you chosen to disregard that ?
    How did I indicate I disregard that? You would be discriminating on grounds of sex (do what you want) but it's totally arrogant then to complain about discrimination against men on the grounds of sex.
    blueshade wrote: »
    Absolutely, that annoying screechy bint Jo Swinson being a prime example. Playing the woman card because she wasn't invited on to a TV debate with Corbyn and Johnson. The only consolation is that next year she'll have been kicked out and replaced with another minority, probably the black chap that defected from Labour or the Tories. Lim Dems got rid of their ''stale pale male'' and replaced him with an ugly gobby bitch, so when the election is an utter disaster for them they can replace her with a more attractive ''minority''. Now, if only there was a black lesbian who identified as a man, who has a bunch of mixed race kids and a disability they'd be quids in. All about the optics.
    This one incident means it's absolutely rife? Also, this is the third post about a woman you've written using extremely aggressive language about her. I mean fair enough if you don't like them, but what's with the foaming-at-the-mouth language? Comes across a little crazed.
    vriesmays wrote: »
    The Chinese must be smarter than the Irish as there are far low common cancer rates there.
    Because... China and Ireland are the only two countries in the world? :confused: really not seeing the point you're attempting to make. You said funding for cancer research was a waste of money. You were just trolling. Let it go.
    Midster wrote: »
    If women are excluded from anything, the presumption from them is always that men kept them out. Rather than thinking there’s a chance that there just not good enough to be there
    The woman hate on this thread is strong (what the **** are the ramblings from that "BDI" account supposed to signify). Lads, you know the way you object to sexism against men? (And understandably so). How come you express this by... sexism against women? Do you feel the same resentment towards your female relatives?

how is it sexist to suggest women take more time off for maternity leave than men sexist ?

how is it sexist to state women are less productive at work when they are on their period.

These are facts, not sexist opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Is it sexist to state there will never be a great woman philosopher.

how is it sexist to suggest women take more time off for maternity leave than men sexist ?

how is it sexist to state women are less productive at work when they are on their period.

These are facts, not sexist opinions.
    You're being obtuse because i didn't say they're sexist.

I said one thing only - you would be discriminating as an employer on grounds of sex. That's it. Therefore, frankly, stfu about this largely imagined discrimination against men by employers, as it's hypocrisy.

why should I "stfu" ?

Because you have no other comeback ?

It would certainly be a claim to be able to predict the future.

why should I "stfu" ?

Because you have no other comeback ?
    Have you trouble reading?

Because it's a massively hypocritical stance, as explained.

"I object to discrimination against men in the workplace but I would discriminate against women in the workplace" - it's not hard to see what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

why should I "stfu" ?

?

Because you are full of vile, noxious shlte, pretty much all of the time.

I think its you that has trouble comprehending basic English, I stated facts,
    Explain how those facts are sexist.
    How is it sexist to state women take more time of work for maternity than men.
    How is it sexist to say women are affected by their period.
    ?
    want to answer those questions without telling people to "stfu"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I've thought about that and I don’t think you can be sure of that .

Jesus, a broken record. Nowhere did I say those things are sexist. Nowhere. Please stop making sh1t up. Just grow up and admit you are a massive hypocrite by saying you object to discrimination against men in hiring practices yet you'd discriminate against women if you were hiring... and leave it at that. Crikey.

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Jesus, a broken record. Nowhere did I say those things are sexist. Nowhere. Please stop making sh1t up. Just grow up and admit you are a massive hypocrite by saying you object to discrimination against men in hiring practices yet you'd discriminate against women if you were hiring... and leave it at that. Crikey.

without acting like a child and name calling, or throwing a hissyfit telling people to "stfu", please explain how I am discriminating when what i stated are facts.
    I said I would not hire them for financial reasons,and explained those reasons.

Advertisement