Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Some cūnt left a load of ‘sausage meat’ floating in the the third trap of the upstairs bogs in Donaghmede shopping centre this morning. Didn’t even make an attempt to flush the thing. Dirty Jackeen bastard no doubt.

I was only there to pick up a few slabs (3 per customer) of 538ml cans of Guinness for 20 euros from the posh Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I put together a lovely arrabbiata sauce last night for some ravioli. Used authentic Italian spices and all.

Went down a treat, had a nice “kick” to it but nothing over powering. Not sure what the deal was with the spices but the chilli seeds must have gotten through the cooking, and eating, process unscathed as my hole was on absolute fire after this morning’s “constitutional”.

It’s been incredibly itchy and uncomfortable since. Really put the ire on it. Not sure what the best course of “action” is. I’m a little worried that there’s a seed, or two, still stuck in the pipe.

Too far to see about sending a shot of milk up there? Like a mini, milky, enema. I’ve heard people do it with coffee. But that’s, really, not what you want to be doing on Christmas Eve. Like Rudolph in reverse.

Was a really nice meal, though. Just a shame it came with such an irritation.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Bepanthen is your friend. You'll pick up a tube of it from any pharmacy. Get a big dollop of it on your finger and shove it right up as far as you can go before rubbing another dollop of it around your ring. The relief will be instant. I needed it after a heavy weekend on the booze in Brussels a few years back in which a perpetual dose of beershits left me walking like a cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm…. The auld balloon trick could be your man there Eee.

Lad I knew used to suffer from that so he devised a system if the cackpipe got irritated.

Get a long balloon and fill her with water to the circumference of around a two euro coin…into the freezer and when nice and hard take her out and inspect the results.

When confident of the size coat the balloon in say LiteFry or a spray of Rapeseed oil.

Get the missus to lodge her up the funnel and leave for about 30 mins.

Worked a treat the lad assured me.

Numbed the unit for at least an hour.

• Jesus Christ, I nearly did myself a serious injury trying to pass that ‘Yuletide Log’ into the commode in the en-suite just an hour ago. Really overdid it with the Guinness and cheeseboard yesterday evening. Not good. Be careful out there folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Still waiting for all the christmas over indulgence stories and the resulting consequences.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Haven’t drifted thru the pipes yet, lad.

Stewing up in the upper reaches.

Having said that splattered a good gout of loose reddish coloured midden into the pan area after a load of that chorizo leg of something they were selling in Lidl @ €50 a pop.

Great chewing but like bunting out a bunch hankies soaked in beetroot, ring was flapping for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ah lads you'd be all over the place.

Stomach doesn't know if it's coming or going. Turkey sambos with crisps, tins of roses for breakfast. Spicy chicken wings at lunch. Celebrations and butler's chocolate at dinner time. Cans of IPA's and baileys coffee's every night. Doritos and peanuts mixed together as snacks.

Wife is threatening divorce proceedings with the smell in the house. I can't take much more of this.

Its the brussel sprouts that get me....i dont touch them for 51 weeks in the year....then i spend a whole week eating them....my gut must be wondering what the fùck im at as i have to leave the house to fart..... the wife says im upsetting the children........cant blame the dog either as there is a distinctive sprout flavour to the niff....

Its like my digestive system is saying "fùck off i am not breaking this shìt down"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I hear what the previous poster is saying about the sprouts and the "niff" cloud arising from the faaarts.

Have to concur with the respected poster on this one.

Blew out a shiny spode of sour dung this aft and indeed there was a distinct bang of sprouts from my "offering" to the porcelain God.

I have been injesting these bad boys in generous quantities over the parst few days ...so I guess it's hardly surprising.

Took a three wick scented candle to clear the bang and render the privvy usable again....

Im sorry Mr. Parsnipp but no amount of scented wicks, candles, deoderizers etc can quench the stench emanating from my innards after a fistful of week-old leftover sprouts...

Those fragrances just kind of amalgamate together with the sprout niff to make a scented smell of shìt that gives the wife a fierce headache....

Its a doors and windows left open for 30minutes operation - to cleanse the air properly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

As I’m “front plumbed” since the operation, having had the rear gate sewn closed forever, I don’t get problems in this kind of department. Formerly it was a life of diversity from epic eye watering glass shards to being a virtual coffee machine that dispensed generously and unpredictably, all with a varying helping of tomato sauce.

Post edited by recode the site on

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Colostomy, or even ileostomy, surgery, I would imagine.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

Ileostomy. Had colitis, got colon removed end to end. Never been so physically fit in my life as since recovering from that, but full recovery from such major surgery takes a while and one keeps improving in fitness for years after. It’s something nobody should put off having done if the question comes up.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Felt a sudden urge , and I mean sudden, urge to go yesterday. I ran and just about made it in time ( mostly ) . It had the consistency of a loose mortar like substance. Thank god I had plenty of bog roll. !!!!

Just blew out a very rank ‘housekeepers cut’ in the slow closer.

The bang wasn’t long seeping through the gaff and expecting visitors.

Had to put the frikken bog off limits and limit use to the under stairs unit.

Not a great start to the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Amazing how forgetful a chap can get when out getting the messages.

Took a slope down the pet food aisle of a large super recently and nearly gagged at the foul stench that hung in the air.

Then remembered that I had been down that aisle a few minutes previous and had unloaded a deep blast of sour arse gas.

Even the dog on the Winalot bag looked as if something really bad had happened...

It was the "whang" of sprouts that jogged the memory........

Last summer, I was working in a great, well paid job within a small, local practice with the owner (who was never there) and 2 very attractive, very intelligent women..........it was a client facing job so there was no working from home available....

All was going great until I quickly realised a big big problem within the first week....there was only 1 shared toilet....

Now, I have always enjoyed a good relaxing dump around about the 3pm mark after a big lunch (it also has the added benefit of taking a good 15 minutes out of the day aswell)......

......unfortunately in this new job scenario, there was simply no comfort in it for me anymore......Maybe I wasn't "Man enough" but I was afraid of offending the senses of my female colleagues and just became too self-conscious about the niff and skidmark bowl stains from my post lunch offerings.....

To put it in a more succinct way.....it just became too risky to shìt at work..........some days I could have a 'winner' with no wipe and zero smell....other days I could be hacking away at my hole endlessly with bogroll trying to get it clean while gagging from the toxic stench.....

To overcome this, I forced-shat before work, I even tried lighter lunches to enable me to get through those long afternoons without the need for a shìt........when i did venture to the toilet, it was only for a very unsatisfying 30 second pìss......

It was all so unsustainable.....I lasted 7 weeks and handed in my notice....

I am now in a job on less money with less prestige but at least I am working from home, where I can now shìt in peace and comfort.....

Life is all about getting your priorities right......

Post edited by StevenToast on

• Advertisement

• Sounds like you have a severe case of ‘hoop anxiety’, dude. Mainly an issue that impacts the dangerous sex, but sounds like you have it bad. Never be afraid to ‘empty the brown bin’ when you need to. Could cause yourself an injury or an embarrassing workplace accident. Maybe suggest to HR that cans of Neutradol be placed in each cubicle, or carry a box of matches with you for a worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,794 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you owe the bank a thousand euro, it's your problem. If you owe the bank a million euro, it's their problem.

Similarly, if a place of work only provides one shared toilet facility, which does not take into account the varying arse produce of a dozen different constitutions, it is very much their problem.

Your right to shyte is immutable, in whatever way and in whatever quantity you need. Never let them take that away from you.

While I agree you both make great points, on paper, I can’t agree with you in “principle”.

If I was in a small office with 2, attractive, women I would be loathe to head into the, single, shared cubicle and blast out the after-effects of a Dominos “Big Deal” into the pan.

The staff in the office shouldn’t have to suffer the company’s short comings or the, inevitable, nasty smell that would be accompanying a Monday morning dump.

I’d be taking my “leavings” offsite.

The tide is turning…

Just leave the door half open and discharge a ripe load like a butcher emptying a bucket of offal into an empty bin.

Should sort it out, I would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,794 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Indeed it would. The ladies concerned would use their initiative to find alternative lodgings and everyone would be happy.

Necessity has always been the mother of invention.

• Ain’t going to work, Brendan. Leaving the door open could lead to a female colleague walking in and observing your “peg” as you attempt to shine up the old brass ornament.

Nothing a fisht full of Caldescene wouldn’t dampen down, Dr.

Take the shine off bell.

Leaves a bit of residue under the ‘rim’ but easily shifted with a small penknife in the shower.

Just be careful with the ‘banjo’ string.

Happy days!

Anyone else wince there?

The tide is turning…

Sorry Eee, the auld MUP is getting to me , bit strung out here.

Dont scrape ‘underhand’ might not be a good idea, good pressure showerhead might be better.

Just lob her up in the ‘slackie’ position and direct the shower head under the knobb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭You the man

Lots of heavily spiced meats and a good lashing of the 17 different apples infused liquid this weekend.

I've a big red baboon ar$e now though giving me payback for overindulgence..

Advertisement