Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvin Takeaway Codes [No code requests]

• 19-05-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Marvin is live across Dublin City.

You can now order and get 20% off with code WSL20,

Excludes cash orders obviously.

Merged threads and title updated. Check latest's posts for active codes.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Who?

From the press section:

In Writing
    "M" in the word 'Marvin' should always be capitalised. When mentioning Marvin.ie, please always try and include .ie

Correct Use: Marvin.ie
    Incorrect Use: marvin.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Who?

Wouldn't like to jump to conclusions but I'd imagine its these guys.

https://www.marvin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Seems like just eat with the bonus of having takeaways offer a free meal every tenth order.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

promobox_2.png

and only Dublin locations...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I wonder how much extra Marvin add to the cost of the meals?

I stopped ordering from Just eat once I realised they were charging me extra, though it's still handy for browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Nolimits wrote: »
    I wonder how much extra Marvin add to the cost of the meals?

I stopped ordering from Just eat once I realised they were charging me extra, though it's still handy for browsing.

yeah it's much better to phone the take away;

JustEat always have a delivery charge - sometimes quite high - even with places that normally do 'free' delivery.

Also the specials on JustEat are not as good as the specials you get on the leaflets.

JustEat + other web ordering services are adding inflation to the fast food market.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'm Lee Marvin = I'm Starvin'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

vicwatson wrote: »
    I'm Lee Marvin = I'm Starvin'

also acceptable "I'm Hank"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My head hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Marvin? Who comes up with these names?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's slang

Hank Marvin = Starvin'

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

starvin-marvin2-27458.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I was expecting the manic depressive robot from Hitich hikers guide to the galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

starvin-marvin2-27458.gif

I immediately thought this too.

Who is Hank Marvin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Caliden wrote: »
    Who is Hank Marvin?

Lead specs-wearer in the Shadows - as frequently used by Ross O'Carroll Kelly.

Skerries wrote: »
    it's slang

Hank Marvin = Starvin'

Yes I do realise that but it is still one of those site names that seems like it was not focus grouped to see how it would work in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

NIFTY50 or nifty50 (forget which) is working as of 30 mins ago for 50% discount. Tried on my mobile after it wouldn't work on normal firefox browser

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭alanbk

sweetie wrote: »
    NIFTY50 or nifty50 (forget which) is working as of 30 mins ago for 50% discount. Tried on my mobile after it wouldn't work on normal firefox browser

Where did you order from to get 50% today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

alanbk wrote:
    Where did you order from to get 50% today ?

Hungry Mexican, D1. Only worked through my phone though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Only works in west Brit land. Poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paint Brush

Yeah, still not getting this code to work, before or after details have been entered.

However, the code WSF20 will give 205 off your FIRST order with them. I used that just now. It will prompt you to fill in the email field to make it work, if you haven't already.

Also, they will be offering 50% all weekend if the referendum is a YES vote. They say the code will be on their facebook page.

Edit: Also, I'm in Dublin and the NIFTY50 code didn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭yannakis

grab a bite BFG40 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hmmm they have branched out to Swords now! Might avail of some discounted fodder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

dublin forum ->

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Kavrocks wrote: »
    All different offers though...

Plenty of different offers in the Tesco and Aldi threads for example but there isn't a new thread set up every time the Super 6 in Aldi changes :rolleyes:

I do support any Irish upstart, but the BA forum has been taken over by marvin the past week or so.

Worth merging into one thread me thinks... just like the dominos/tesco/aldi threads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Access wrote: »
    I do support any Irish upstart, but the BA forum has been taken over by marvin the past week or so.

Worth merging into one thread me thinks... just like the dominos/tesco/aldi threads.

Merged and title updated. Use the report function please guys rather than posting on thread to let us know rather than lots of off topic posts.

Thanks

Advertisement