Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Radio Code

• 19-12-2005 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

Just curious if anyone has had to do the following and what they did.

Headlight had to be replaced, but in order to do so had to remove the car battery. But since then, the radio has been asking for a code to be entered.

I looked in the manual and where it was suppose to be written down, it wasn't.

Any ideas what to do. Is there like a generic code for all the cars or will I have to go to a Ford dealer??????

Thanks

PS. Sorry for sounded like a complete idiot!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Sometimes it is engraved on or near the ID blate under the bonnet. Otherwise take the radio out (you need to get/make a pair of u-clips to push into the holes either side of the fascia) and ring any Ford dealer with the part number and the serial number. There is usually no problem doing this and if you can find the original garage which supplied it, they just need the number plate.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sometimes there was a sticker with the code on the underside of the ashtray.

If all else fails try 'Ford unlock code' on eBay,you can buy software for 99p
    (but you'll have to take out the radio to get the serial no.)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A Ford garage may be able to give you the code if you give them the reg and chassis number of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

I have a 01 focus and the code for the radio was on a sticker on the back of the radio!!!

I kid you not....luckly its only a piece of sh1t that nobody would bother to steal (too big to fit in other car dash's) hence why it was being replaced with my nice sony mp3 player:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

Just supply the chassis number of the car to a ford dealer and they will be able to look up the code. All Ford dealers have a computer which interfaces with Ford UK. From the chassis number a dealer can check the original production specification including the code for the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ford (and most companies) will charge you €15 for the privelage of giving you your code :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭useless

K2 wrote:
    luckly its only a piece of sh1t that nobody would bother to steal)

You'd be surprised. I had a Ford RDS6000 CD player (the one from the Focus/Mondeo etc) listed for sale in the B+S a few months back and I got at least 10 calls in 2 days. Sold it for 190 euro.
    Seems the CD player wasn't standard kit in the 98/99 Focus and there are a lot of people out there who don't have cassettes anymore:D

Just because you think its a POS doesn't mean some people dont think it's worth stealing!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

d-arke wrote:
    Just curious if anyone has had to do the following and what they did.

Headlight had to be replaced, but in order to do so had to remove the car battery. But since then, the radio has been asking for a code to be entered.

I looked in the manual and where it was suppose to be written down, it wasn't.

Any ideas what to do. Is there like a generic code for all the cars or will I have to go to a Ford dealer??????

Thanks

PS. Sorry for sounded like a complete idiot!!!!
    Does the serial number start with M?Car radio calculators can be found here.http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=CALCULATOR Look for Ford M series calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Look under the floor in the boot, or on the chassis in front of the bonnet in the engine bay. Look for any stickers, and it'll be near them. Your car should've come with 2 originally, one the mechanic uses during the PDI, and the other is stuck somewhere. Sometimes both are

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fastFordEamonn

Hi can anyone help me get my code serial number MO15874 ?? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi can anyone help me get my code serial number MO15874 ?? Thanks

Code is 0909

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread from 2005 closed, we use this now
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287102

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement