Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-07-2009, 13:27   #31

just wanted to add that we were charged for parking in the Ikea in Zurich!
Advertisement
20-07-2009, 13:30   #32
The Hill Billy
Prick, with a fork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhb5 View Post
just wanted to add that we were charged for parking in the Ikea in Zurich!
IKEA at Lyssach (near Bern) don't charge. So I suppose it depends on location, etc.
21-07-2009, 11:39   #33
celticbest

Just a quick question,

Can anybody confirm if the peak time parking charge is a temporary measure while the M50 upgrade is completed or is this a permanent measure?
21-07-2009, 19:23   #34

The parking charge will only be from 4pm to 7pm. And its going to be kept very low....

So it would be worth arriving at 3.45 and doing your bit of shopping looking around etc. Then grabbing something to eat and leaving at 7.10pm... with no parking charge worries.
21-07-2009, 20:55   #35
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbest View Post
Just a quick question,

Can anybody confirm if the peak time parking charge is a temporary measure while the M50 upgrade is completed or is this a permanent measure?
Afaik its going to be permanent. The agreement was that any money made after the operating costs goes to subsidise home delivery. Also that when the m50 is finished, i think the ballymun junction is already going to need upgrading
Advertisement
21-07-2009, 22:34   #36
Elliee

Just want to confirm the meatballs will be served in the resturant AND are only 2 euro for 10 meatballs from the 27th until the 31st!
21-07-2009, 22:36   #37
Elliee

Also the first 40 people to show up on monday morning in Sweedish costume will recieve a goodie bag!
Car park opens 7am on 27th, outdoor festivities start at 8am.
22-07-2009, 08:38   #38

Car park open from 7am, festivities start at 8am .... shop open at 11am.
22-07-2009, 16:55   #39
The Hill Billy
Prick, with a fork

LeoB banned for a week for continued off-topic posting. HB
Advertisement
22-07-2009, 18:47   #40

Ikea opening in Dublin

Please, please tell me that this a joke of some sort(ikea charging to park)

Jesus Christ. Does it ever end?

At least tell me this is NOT going to apply on opening day?? Dear god, at least tell me that.

I have taken the day off, and spent last sat pricing stuff in the north, so lets just see how the prices are.

Is there going to be any sort of flyer to say whats on special or not? Surely on opening day there will be some sort of deals to be had.

Will happily go back to Belfast if not

Thanks
22-07-2009, 19:03   #41
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascottdub View Post
Please, please tell me that this a joke of some sort(ikea charging to park)
They will be charging. A condition of the planning was that a fee would be imposed between 4pm and 8pm. There is a flat fee for parking of €3. If €3 is not deterring people talks that it may be raised until it makes an effect.

Quote:
I have taken the day off, and spent last sat pricing stuff in the north, so lets just see how the prices are.
Prices are going to be slightly higher because of the vat rate. Some products are cheaper than belfast beacuse prices are only changed once a year.

Quote:
Is there going to be any sort of flyer to say whats on special or not? Surely on opening day there will be some sort of deals to be had.
Opening day will have offers, and prizes. When your paying at the till, their is a spinning wheel where you may win the price of your shopping. The first 100 people just in a swedish costume get a goody bag of some sort.
22-07-2009, 20:07   #42

Ikea Dublin

Davy,

Thanks very much. very informative reply. Don't have any anything swedish besides a shot glass and coasters though. LOL

This spinning wheel, does it have different amounts on it?

Thanks, and I hope I do make some purchases otherwise I'll have got up early for no reason
26-07-2009, 00:54   #43
Cy_Revenant

I feel I should point out, it's not IKEA charging for parking, it's Fingal County Council.

If you leave the carpark between 4 and 8 you'll be paying €3, which will go to infrastructure within Ballymun.
26-07-2009, 14:19   #44
Thoie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy_Revenant View Post
I feel I should point out, it's not IKEA charging for parking, it's Fingal County Council.

If you leave the carpark between 4 and 8 you'll be paying €3, which will go to infrastructure within Ballymun.
So essentially the barriers come down during those hours, and you pay in coins at the exit? Or are the barriers always there, and you always have to validate a ticket (for free or paying, depending on time)?
29-07-2009, 11:38   #45
thor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazwah View Post
Off peak I would assume would be middle of the day. Can't confirm details for you as I'm not sure, but as said before, it was a council condition we had no say in.

Pretty sure parking is free on weekends, and considering over half our customers shop on the weekends (which is why it's so busy and why we trade late on weekdays - to get you in during the week instead of Saturday & Sunday) you can assume that the majority of people will not be affected by having to pay for parking. To be fair to the M50 commuters, imagine trying to get to/from work if we opened at normal IKEA times!

But not long to go now and you can come and see for yourself our shiny new store....

27th July!
The parking fee is 3 euro 4pm till 8pm. if consumers still use ikea it will go up to 6 euros, If the consumer is still not "discouraged" from using ikea it will go up to 10 euro! If you happen to leave ikea between these times you have to pay the fee even though you where there earlier (I think). This is a most idiotic situation and the rest of the world must be laughing there heads off at us, I'm just going to keep using the belfast store, no way am I getting rode by the council anymore, All the money goes to Fingal county council.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion