Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upgrading from shared to cloud hosting

Options
  • 20-07-2019 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience on the outcome of this ? I am using a shared host plan and want a faster service.

How much faster can I expect a cloud service to be ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

mondeo wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience on the outcome of this ? I am using a shared host plan and want a faster service.

How much faster can I expect a cloud service to be ?

Three or four times faster, five times slower..... it entirely depends on what you are doing and who loaded your current shared hosting environment is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Three or four times faster, five times slower..... it entirely depends on what you are doing and who loaded your current shared hosting environment is.

I'm with blacknight shared hosting. Spurious times during the day it's either fast or slow, usually slow. My site is not that big. I have been told an upgrade to a cloud based server may be sufficient. I really don't know.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Blacknight forum with OP's consent. 

mondeo wrote: »
    Jim2007 wrote: »

I'm with blacknight shared hosting. Spurious times during the day it's either fast or slow, usually slow. My site is not that big. I have been told an upgrade to a cloud based server may be sufficient. I really don't know.
    Hi Mondeo, the speed of a site can vary depending on many factors, in a shared environment this can be amplified but we use Cloudlinux LVE with site isolation and caps mean that every site’s resource consumption, whether it’s Request Rate, CPU, RAM or bandwidth related won’t affect other sites on the same server.

If you wish to PM me details of your site I can investigate further and follow up.

Advertisement