Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IPTV box

Options
  • 19-11-2017 6:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi im looking to get an IPTV box since the recent price increase to my virgin subscription. im looking to get something that is similar to the sky interface but im not sure wether to go for a mag box or a zgemma box. i would like to have the option to record programs while watching another one at the same time and have a user friendly EPG. any body have any ideas on what to get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Kodi is awful rubbish.

Mag 256 is very good. Be careful and don't buy a clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kodi is awful rubbish.

What do you think is wrong with Kodi?
    I find it the best piece of software for media purposes that I have tried.

What would you use instead?
    Mag 256 is very good. Be careful and don't buy a clone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Quality is poor and the availability of streams changes constantly.

I'd highly recommend proper IPTV. Not free but so far ahead of Kodi in terms of the two points I made above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I'd highly recommend proper IPTV. Not free but so far ahead of Kodi in terms of the two points I made above.

You can use Kodi with those streams,Kodi is not rubbish.

• Advertisement

Can anyone pm with a decent iptv package for Sky Channells.Its not for me,I have my own and its near perfect just a friend wants it,and wants decent Sky and BT and Racing channels.

You can use Kodi with those streams,Kodi is not rubbish.

Yes indeed you can, but isn't kodi just a complication in that case?

Yes indeed you can, but isn't kodi just a complication in that case?

No,for instance with my repository I can have a full epg on my channels,and I can record .I can also view my media on my computer from it and I have yet to have a file that wouldn't play.
    Theres also alot of free content if you know what you are searching for.
    What do you use,just IPTV and enter the username and password yea?

Kodi is a media player and is not connected with the provision of any kind of IPTV, free or otherwise.

So the availability or the quality of the streams you attempt to use has nothing at all to do with Kodi.

It seems you completely misunderstand what Kodi is.

This might help explain things
    https://kodi.tv/article/having-issues-free-movies-tv-shows-sports-iptv-streams
    Team Kodi (the unpaid volunteers who create Kodi and manage the Kodi name/brand for love not money) have never manufactured a "Kodi Box" and we do not supply media content. People who have been selling "Fully Loaded" devices on Amazon, eBay, Facebook, etc. or provide "IPTV Streaming" services with impossibly $cheap subscriptions to improbably $large selections of Movies, TV shows, Live Sports, etc. are not affiliated with the Kodi project. They are criminals who profit from piracy.

Kodi is a media player and is not connected with the provision of any kind of IPTV, free or otherwise.

So the availability or the quality of the streams you attempt to use has nothing at all to do with Kodi.

I have said it was a media player,you can see I said it plays files from my computer.But it also used with IPTV.

• Advertisement

I have said it was a media player,you can see I said it plays files from my computer.But it also used with IPTV.

Is there something in what I posted in response to another poster that you disagree with?

I have no idea why you quoted my post and replied as you did. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

5CHULZY wrote: »
    hi im looking to get an IPTV box since the recent price increase to my virgin subscription. im looking to get something that is similar to the sky interface but im not sure wether to go for a mag box or a zgemma box. i would like to have the option to record programs while watching another one at the same time and have a user friendly EPG. any body have any ideas on what to get

Im getting this shortly its a dedicated IPTV box also running android 7

Currently using an android box but I only use it for IPTV so according to all the research i have done this will give the best experience

https://www.formuler.tv/z7plus

I think you're right.

All I've ever seen of Kodi are these android boxes which come with software for free tv movies and sports.

Now that stuff is rubbish.

No,for instance with my repository I can have a full epg on my channels,and I can record .I can also view my media on my computer from it and I have yet to have a file that wouldn't play.
    Theres also alot of free content if you know what you are searching for.
    What do you use,just IPTV and enter the username and password yea?

Mag 256 plus a monthly IPTV sub. I can record (to an external drive) and have decent EPG also.

You need fibre bb and an unlimited contract.

I still have another Enigma2 device set for FTA sat which still works well.

NATLOR wrote: »
    Im getting this shortly its a dedicated IPTV box also running android 7

Currently using an android box but I only use it for IPTV so according to all the research i have done this will give the best experience

https://www.formuler.tv/z7plus
    How much I don't see a price on it.

How much I don't see a price on it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MODEL-DECEMBER-17-Formuler-Z7-Black-4K-WiFi-IPTV-Android-7-0-2GB-DDR4-/232578803499?hash=item3626c6e72b

About a 10 day wait
    Need to use Parcel Motel/Wizard etc

Be wary. There are lots of clones about and they are low quality. I'd always be inclined to use World of Satellite tbh

Be wary. There are lots of clones about and they are low quality. I'd always be inclined to use World of Satellite tbh

Have used them before they are sound

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can I emphasise that there are to be no links given or otherwise any discussion of any provider that claims to offer pay-TV channels for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

I have zgemma h2s with ipab installed. Can someone please pm me details on using it as an IPTV box, sub provider, etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

gooner99 wrote: »
    I have zgemma h2s with ipab installed. Can someone please pm me details on using it as an IPTV box, sub provider, etc..

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Magoo462

Any chance you can pm me the instructions for Gemma too please

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Can someone pm me details of the best IPTV subs available please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

same

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Can someone pm me details of the best IPTV subs available please.

Same please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

same here please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

#metoo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Looks like this thread is gone as far as it will go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement