Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S822 on leaving the country.

• 13-09-2019 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

I have read the sticky and googled the revenue literature but I am still unsure. I left Ireland on August 24th but recieved my final Irish paycheck on September 5th (final day of payment as per paycheck was Aug 31st) I have a rental property let since August 29th.

I am unsure on how to proceed as most of what I have read is on individuals whom arrive in the state. If I read correctly my foreign income will not be taxed for this year once I declare to revenue I have left, is this correct?

My other issue is tax on the rental property. My agent refuses to act as a collection agent as per revenue guidelines. I have access to an accountant who can do my tax return gratis but what is the best course of action in my situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Persevered with this and found s822 is applicable to me. Any advice on how to apply, is there a downloadable form?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Are you registered as a landlord

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Are you registered as a landlord

Yes, prtb registered.

Update for anyone searching. I filed an enquiry via Revenue Online and 2 weeks later got a reply saying it was all sorted, let them know when I move home. I am also getting a pretty substantial refund of tax too which is nice.

Advertisement