Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-04-2012, 20:30   #16
teacherciara

Trying to go through past exam questions here and not coming up with much of a pattern. Anyone else have any luck trying to predict what will come up??
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 19:55   #17
nadzk76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleTh View Post
Hi,
I sat the exam last November and I did very little study for it, I literally wrote everything I knew on both topics down and I passed! I still have the notes I studied from so just pm me and I'll forward them on to anyone who wants them!

Re the teaching council and getting your money refunded, I was still being paid the unqualified rate after I had been recognised and I had to do all the chasing to get it back BUT I did get it back! You will only get it back from the September of the school year you do the exam i.e. if you do it in April 2012 you should get it refunded from September 2011. I hope I explained that well but all things Teaching Council seem to be very complicated
Hi NoelleTh,

I was wondering whether you still had the notes that you studied from for the history and structure exam? If so, would you be willing to send them to me as well? I would really appreciate them.

I was supposed to sit the exam last month but I didn't feel prepared enough, so I have now deferred til the Nov exam.

Thanks in advance!
20-06-2012, 19:14   #18
tambi

2 IRISH HISTORY AND STRUCTURE

Did you manage to get any notes for this exam? Which books should I get?
I want to take this exam next November and any advice would be great!
I'm teaching science in London but my wife (Irish) would love to go back home to Ireland!

I am sitting the history and structure of the irish education exam for foreign - trained teachers in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has notes or information that they could share as I am starting to panic, please help[/QUOTE]
24-08-2012, 20:34   #19
Galwaypest

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am just wondering would anyone still have notes and or essays on the History and Structure of the Irish Education System exam? I am teaching over in the U.K. and am due to sit the exam in November. I have John Coolahan's book, but it doesn't seem to address all the possible topic questions that may appear in the exam! Please help me

I would very appreciatitive of your help !!!!

Thank you,
Galwaypest
06-10-2012, 23:31   #20
bubbs86

Hi all
really beginning to panic about this exam, doing it in November and haven't opened the book yet. does anybody have any notes or tips as to how to pass this exam?!!
Advertisement
07-10-2012, 02:07   #21
seavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs86 View Post
Hi all
really beginning to panic about this exam, doing it in November and haven't opened the book yet. does anybody have any notes or tips as to how to pass this exam?!!
Tip: try opening the books and do a bit of study rather than expecting someone to hand you the answers
07-10-2012, 11:32   #22
Inspector Coptoor

Pm me your email address and I'll forward on my notes from a few years ago.

I've forwarded them on to over 30 posters on the forum already & they seem to help get the job done.
Thanks from:
02-04-2013, 17:46   #23
brigidmorgan

History and structure of irish education

Hi
I am sitting this exam in a couple of weeks. I am not sure what to expect. I was wondering would you be ble to send me your notes.I would be very grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleTh View Post
Hi,
I sat the exam last November and I did very little study for it, I literally wrote everything I knew on both topics down and I passed! I still have the notes I studied from so just pm me and I'll forward them on to anyone who wants them!

Re the teaching council and getting your money refunded, I was still being paid the unqualified rate after I had been recognised and I had to do all the chasing to get it back BUT I did get it back! You will only get it back from the September of the school year you do the exam i.e. if you do it in April 2012 you should get it refunded from September 2011. I hope I explained that well but all things Teaching Council seem to be very complicated
02-04-2013, 17:48   #24
brigidmorgan

History and Structure of Irish Education

Hi
I am sitting this exam in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.How much do you need to write etc.
Advertisement
02-04-2013, 20:29   #25
Inspector Coptoor

PM me your email address & ill send you on my notes
03-04-2013, 13:27   #26
brigidmorgan

History and structure of irish education.

Hi Inspector Coptoor
Thanks so much.

email removed - please send it in a Private Message (PM)

Last edited by spurious; 03-04-2013 at 15:40. Reason: email removed
11-04-2013, 19:24   #27
v086

Exam notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Coptoor View Post
PM me your email address & ill send you on my notes
Hi Inspector Coptoor - I would really appreciate if you would send me a copy of your notes also please. Would really help - exam next week!! Thanks a lot.
11-04-2013, 19:26   #28
Inspector Coptoor

Send me a private message with your email address & ill pass them on.
11-04-2013, 19:27   #29
v086

Wow, thank you so much. You're fab! PM sent, let me know if you don't get it. Thanks.

Last edited by v086; 11-04-2013 at 19:42.
25-09-2013, 11:29   #30
lmck660

Hi,

I have moved back to Ireland after training and teaching in the UK for 6 years. I am currently going through the registration process with the Teaching Council. I'd planned on not doing the exam until April however have found out that I will be paid at the unqualified rate so I am going to sit the November exam.

I've had a look at the past questions and reading list but would be very grateful if anyone could give me any tips regarding preparation, specific books, etc.

any advice at all would be much appreciated.

L

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion