Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Additional income

• 20-09-2019 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi
    I’m a paye worker and have additional income of over 5k. Do I need to register on ros.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭Tow

Yes

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Keyman123 wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m a paye worker and have additional income of over 5k. Do I need to register on ros.
    Thanks

Form 12 is much easier than Form 11 (ROS).

Here are the criteria to decide:

https://revenue.ie/en/self-assessment-and-self-employment/guide-to-self-assessment/who-should-register-for-income-tax-self-assessment.aspx

Who should register for Income Tax self-assessment?

You should register for Income Tax self-assessment if:

you are self-employed

your only or main source of income is:
    rental income
    investment income
    foreign income including foreign pensions
    maintenance payments
    fees that are exempt from PAYE
    you have profited from share options or share incentives.

You do not need to register for self-assessment if:

you only have PAYE income
    or
    your taxable non-PAYE income does not exceed €5,000 and your gross non-PAYE income does not exceed €30,000. That income must be coded for PAYE purposes. ’Coded’ means the income is taken into account in calculating your tax credits and standard rate cut-off point for PAYE purposes. In this case, you must submit a Form 12 online through PAYE Services in myAccount.
    You can register for self-assessment by using the eRegistration service or completing part A and part B of Form TR1.

If the extra income was gross rent of 12k, but the taxable net rental profit were just 4k, then Form 12 is ok.

But if the extra income is over 5k, and all taxable, then it's Form 11 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Keyman123

Great
    So net 5+ ros
    Net >5 my account

• Advertisement
Advertisement