Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it serious?

Options
  • 06-09-2019 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I brought my cat to the vet on monday with an infection, cat was running a temperature and needed hydration so the vet said she would keep him in over night, the next day I didnt hear from them so rang myself, they didnt say too much just that theres an infection and they need to keep him in, its been 4 nights and I havnt heard anything from them since, when I ring I just get told the same thing so I stopped ringing them and im waiting for them to contact me. Is it normal for cats to be kept in the vets for this long with an infection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

One of my cats had to be kept in because he was pretty badly dehydrated (had a mystery illness), but my vet kept us up to date with everything that was going on. From what you're saying... that's very vague. 4 nights is a lot of time without information on what's going on, other than "he has an infection and we are keeping an eye on him", I'd expect a vet to tell you a lot more detail than that. For example, "the infection is close to his heart, and his heart rate is abnormal, until his vitals are normal again we cannot discharge him" or something like that?

This seems really odd!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP I would be down there seeing my cat. Can you do that? This is not good enough frankly

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lapis Luzali

I rang again this afternoon, they said they'd call me back but never did. Its very frustrating, I cant get down to them. Not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Keep ringing. They have your pet and it doesnt make sense.

I would keep ringing until you annoy them enough to answer you. Dont let them fob you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I rang again this afternoon, they said they'd call me back but never did. Its very frustrating, I cant get down to them. Not sure what to do.

I'd be heading down to the clinic requesting information on your cat. Can't be fobbing you off if you are there face-to-face. This isn't normal.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

something not adding up here im afraid

get in there asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Sounds a little bit suspicious that they aren't giving you more information at this stage.

Bear in mind they are likely to be charging you per day for an overnight stay in addition to any medication/treatment. I know my vet charges if pets are kept overnight.

Seems really strange though, it's like they are avoiding you to be honest. I would definitely get down there and make sure you actually see your cat.

Any update on your cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Any update on your cat?

echoes my thoughts too.. Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lapis Luzali

Thanks all for the replies. I called up to the vets and when I did the vet assistant said they had called me, they hadnt, must of had me confused with somebody else, cat was much better so they sent him home with some painkillers and antibiotics, he was very happy to be home.
    He has to go for a few more check ups but he will fine.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the replies. I called up to the vets and when I did the vet assistant said they had called me, they hadnt, must of had me confused with somebody else, cat was much better so they sent him home with some painkillers and antibiotics, he was very happy to be home.
    He has to go for a few more check ups but he will fine.

That's great news, thanks for the update.

I seriously thought it was going to be something bizarre but glad to hear its all OK.

Advertisement