Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrepreneur Relief

• 16-09-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey All,

I have a question about the Entrepreneur relief and I wonder If somebody could shed some light here.
    If I liquidate my company and avail of Entrepreneur Relief ( meet all the criteria) - could I start the same trade company straight away?

I am asking because let's say I need to use the accumulated cash in the company and I think most tax efficient way for doing this would be paying 10% CGT.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Da11 wrote: »
    Hey All,

I have a question about the Entrepreneur relief and I wonder If somebody could shed some light here.
    If I liquidate my company and avail of Entrepreneur Relief ( meet all the criteria) - could I start the same trade company straight away?

I am asking because let's say I need to use the accumulated cash in the company and I think most tax efficient way for doing this would be paying 10% CGT.

Thanks in advance

Do you complain about lack of services while equally try to avoid tax? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

No you can't.

The legislation requires that the disposal (winding up/sale) be for bona fide commercial reasons.

Revenue are unlikely to believe you had a bona fide commercial reason to liquidate a company and then start an identical one right away regardless of what story you tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Da11

No you can't.

The legislation requires that the disposal (winding up/sale) be for bona fide commercial reasons.

Revenue are unlikely to believe you had a bona fide commercial reason to liquidate a company and then start an identical one right away regardless of what story you tell.

Thank you for the explanation as I wasn't sure and thought this relief was given as a tax efficient way for entrepreneurs to take out the money accumulated in the company, my bad

Advertisement