Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Tax

• 12-09-2019 5:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi,
    I started a new job last Monday week, last Friday I went onto my revenue and registered my new employer, I got a pay slip today (but no money in bank, that's a different story altogether) but the tax I paid is quite high, about 120 altogether, will I have to ring revenue or is registering/add my employee online enough? also I just had a look online and there's no record of my employer at all that I put in the details for last week.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

The payroll may have been run before the adjustment went through in which case the PAYE should auto correct for the next payroll run. Chillax for a couple of weeks and see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Levi Substantial Semiconductor

Just check your tax cert that it's cumulative tax basis and not week 1to get any overpayment back in salary.

Advertisement