Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-09-2019, 15:18   #31
fliball123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Season 2 View Post
And rightly so after all they did to help the country back on its feet after the private sector shenanigans nearly bankrupt the country.

A little gratitude from yourself and fliball wouldn't go amiss.

As I say they gave a bit but no where near enough and we as the country had to borrow billions for paying their pay and pensions over the last couple of decades so you wont be getting any gratitude from me
Advertisement
06-09-2019, 15:55   #32
Treppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliball123 View Post
As I say they gave a bit but no where near enough and we as the country had to borrow billions for paying their pay and pensions over the last couple of decades so you wont be getting any gratitude from me
Shur twas the public sector who broke the country wasnt it.
Banks? No they're fine... Nothing to see there. Give em back their jobs and bonuses. Give the bondholders the money they took the high risk on.
06-09-2019, 19:04   #33
Cash_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs32
The rise hasn't properly kicked in. It only applies to days after September 1st
My reply was about the 2euro extra that I received yesterday, nothing else.
06-09-2019, 19:11   #34
TimeToShine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrybbadd View Post
I'm not "going off" anywhere junior.

Pin of your collar. Boo hoo. You want to talk about trolling, and yet, here you are, in a thread that has nothing to do with you, spreading falsehoods and media rumor.

You'd swear Public/Civil servants didn't pay tax either, the way you're going on. Bottom line of it is, when the country went to shít, Public servants were made out to be the scapegoats, and took several cuts to pay and conditions. This was never intended to be a permanent thing. And now, it's payback time. It's agreed. And it's happening.

So you can boo hoo over it all you like, it'll make no difference.
No, the private sector took the hit via people actually losing their jobs. You have some cheek saying that those who took a couple of percent pay cut were made out to be scapegoats when private sector employees were losing livelihoods left right and centre. And no, a few bankers at the top do not represent all private sector employees like some posts here seem to be implying.
06-09-2019, 19:52   #35
Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToShine View Post
No, the private sector took the hit via people actually losing their jobs. You have some cheek saying that those who took a couple of percent pay cut were made out to be scapegoats when private sector employees were losing livelihoods left right and centre. And no, a few bankers at the top do not represent all private sector employees like some posts here seem to be implying.
What percentage of private sector workers lost their jobs?

All public servants took two paycuts and an increase in their hours.

Btw what does a couple mean. Do you mean 2%. If so that's dishonesty right off the bat.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-09-2019, 20:56   #36
Treppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Season 2 View Post
What percentage of private sector workers lost their jobs?

All public servants took two paycuts and an increase in their hours.

Btw what does a couple mean. Do you mean 2%. If so that's dishonesty right off the bat.
I suppose they wouldn't be happy until the hospital's and schools were shut. Then at least we'd solve the 'public sector pay bankrupting the country bother'.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion