Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I found the Luge one in Worlds easy for people to get used to, but Descent is probably the best for those with no gaming experience at all. Sit and look.

Also, if doing the shark attack Descent, record them. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Any time I wanted to demo the VR, especially with older relations, I had them sit and do the Shark Encounter in VR Worlds. Everyone reacts well, plenty of screaming and pulling limbs out of the way of the shark. It's also a good laugh for those watching the person having the VR experience. :)
    If they wanted to keep going after that, I'd let them try the VR level in Star Wars Battlefront or try one of the free experiences on the PS Store. The Joshua Bell one is quick and, while basic, always brings a few gasps of amazement from the non gamers who try it. If you didn't want to spend money, those free experiences and demos are great for giving people a taste of VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Thanks for the helpful replies.

No move controllers.....yet.

They would struggle with the mechanics of a normal controller.

I will try Resi Evil and VR Worlds I think.

I will be reporting back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Looks like Audica is coming to PSVR soon - would be interested.

Oh that does look good. I've every faith Harmonix will do a great job, I loved Frequency, Amplitute and they have Rock Band behind them, so well used to the music related gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

kerplun k wrote: »
    BoxVR, €20, save yourself a fortune on Gym membership. F**king sweating. Probably the most fun indoor workout I’ve ever had.

Just wanted to second this. Got into it at the weekend, felt like a genuinely good workout - and enjoyable too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Just wanted to second this. Got into it at the weekend, felt like a genuinely good workout - and enjoyable too!

Yep, song selection is also unreal. especially when you compare it BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Are you not boiling though? Jumping around with the headset on usually makes me sweaty and uncomfortable. Not sure I'd like to be doing a workout with it on.

Rdwrer wrote: »
    Are you not boiling though? Jumping around with the headset on usually makes me sweaty and uncomfortable. Not sure I'd like to be doing a workout with it on.

You work up a decent sweat alright but didn't find it uncomfortable - light clothing did the trick for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Anyone played LA Noir VR yet? Just wondering if it is a must-buy or wait till the price drops in a sale.

My VR backlog is piling up, still haven't touched Skyrim, No Mans Sky (love the flat game but waiting for the PS Pro patch before diving into the VR mode), or Blood and Truth (picked it up a few weeks ago when it was on sale for €25 on the store).

Hopefully they've removed the annoying peak of the cap that took up about a third of the screen on the pc version...

Same, I have B&T and can't decide if I should play+finish that before getting this.

I finished Blood and Truth in one sitting (actually on the evening I bought it)... y'all can git it done this weekend :)

mrcheez wrote: »
    I finished Blood and Truth in one sitting (actually on the evening I bought it)... y'all can git it done this weekend :)

Ha. You don’t have kids do you? :)

kerplun k wrote: »
    Ha. You don’t have kids do you? :)

Haha thank Christ no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

The very opening mission of blood and truth I'd a massive smile on my face.
    What a great game.
    Haven't completed it yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Minotaur Arcade Vol 1, Gridrunner and Goatup is due out on the 10.10.19, this Thursday!
    Should be amazing, Gridrunner is based on Gridrunner++ which is a fantastic title, apparently the VR version is incredible.
    Plus, this is going to be less than a tenner.
    Can't wait

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Minotaur Arcade Vol 1, Gridrunner and Goatup is due out on the 10.10.19, this Thursday!
    Should be amazing, Gridrunner is based on Gridrunner++ which is a fantastic title, apparently the VR version is incredible.
    Can't wait

Excellent! Polybius is still one of my all time favourites on PSVR.

Looks like Audica is coming to PSVR soon - would be interested.

Confirmed release date of November 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can't wait

Not sure how common knowledge this is but...

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/status/1076072161889136640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1076072161889136640&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231076072161889136640

Also in other news this is apparently out today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody looking forward to Golem next month? It finally got a release date of November 8th (physical in EU) 4+ years after it was announced. This could be worrying regarding the games quality of course but it's one I really hope is good, and the dev team at Highwire Games has some impressive CV's individually, with former Bungie, 343 and Valve staff working there.

I actually was interested in this game back when they first announced it, back before I had even played or seen a VR game, so fingers crossed it turns out good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

I think Immortal legacy slipped under my radar or else I have faulty RAM in my brain! ;)

It's meant to be like uncharted in VR. The controls take getting used to apparently but it's meant to be great after that.

Anyone play it?

Doge wrote: »
    I think Immortal legacy slipped under my radar or else I have faulty RAM in my brain! ;)

It's meant to be like uncharted in VR. The controls take getting used to apparently but it's meant to be great after that.

Anyone play it?

Not played it but like the look of it. On sale too at the moment at €10 on the PSN store.

Started Trover last night, not too far in yet but probably the most I've ever laughed whilst playing a game already (by the guy behind Rick n Morty if you like that kind of humour). Gameplay is good too, similar to Astrobot although not quite as polished

Not played it but like the look of it. On sale too at the moment at €10 on the PSN store.

Started Trover last night, not too far in yet but probably the most I've ever laughed whilst playing a game already (by the guy behind Rick n Morty if you like that kind of humour). Gameplay is good too, similar to Astrobot although not quite as polished

Trover is great! One of the most polished VR games I've played, but hilarious too.

Here's the tracklist for Audica

https://twitter.com/Harmonix/status/1190374332779974656

30+ songs including a Dragonforce track. I think this will be an instabuy for me.

Depending on the price, most likely a day 1 for me too. I recognise some of those tracks! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Golem release date delayed to 15th for physical release, hopefully the last delay it has.

Really looking forward to Espire One, looks a great stealth shooter. Hopefully get a release for that soon.

• Advertisement

So Audica is out. Standard edition is €30, and with DLC 01 it's €60. From what I can tell, DLC 01 has the following songs:

Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer
    Into You - Ariana Grande
    bad guy - Billie Eilish
    Better Now - Post Malone
    Believer - Imagine Dragons

So that's an extra €30 for 5 songs... Surely a typo on the price?! Especially considering buying each one individually is €2 each...

Advertisement