Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

History and Structure of Irish Education Exam for foreign-trained teacher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dmmcfaul

Sorry I've lost these

Sure

PM me and I'll email them to you.

Don't stress out too much about it though the exam has a really high pass rate. I was really worried about not passing it I felt really unprepared but I got on fine. Know about your own subject (which you already do) & just learn the dates of the history of education stuff and string that essay together.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oz2014

Hi all,

I'm due to sit this exam in April this year and i'm wondering would anyone have any notes that I could use? Its seems like a pointless exam to me but a must do to become 100% registered. Does anyone know if you do not have this exam is your pay lower?

Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mont Blanc

Hi Oz2014,

Bad news first - you cannot be fully registered without having passed this exam. You have to be registered with the TC in order to be paid/ employed by the Dept of Ed or an ETB.
    Good news now - I still have a copy of the notes that I used for this exam :) PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them on to you straight away.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jbombon

Mont Blanc wrote: »
    I still have a copy of the notes that I used for this exam :) PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them on to you straight away.

Best of luck!

Hi Mont Blanc, would it be possible for me to have these notes as well? I understand it is a lot to ask, and I do appreciate this.

You are more than welcome to have the notes, jbombon. Just send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll send them on to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SonyaFay

Hi,

I was wondering if you could please help? Do you still have notes for this exam?
    I would really appreciate it if I could get a copy of them if so.
    Thanks very much in advance!

Hi,

I was wondering if you still had notes for this exam? I would really appreciate it if if I could have a copy. Thanks very much in advance!

Hi,

I have to sit this exam in November and I would really appreciate if anyone has notes on the
    exam? Thank you very much in advance!

Hi. Just send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll forward the notes to you.
    Mont Blanc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I have 19 pages of typed notes you can have if you pm me your email address.

Could you also PM me as well? I would greatly appreciate the gesture. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

edgecutter wrote: »
    Could you also PM me as well? I would greatly appreciate the gesture. Thanks

You need to PM Inspector Coptoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dfarr081

Hi Guys,

Would anyone have the notes for this exam for this exam. I'm sitting it next Saturday and need them asap.

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dfarr081

Hi Guys,

Would anyone have the notes for this exam. I'm sitting it next Saturday and need them asap.

Many Thanks

Pm me your e-mail address and I'll send the notes on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jdonnelly5313

Hi all, I know it's a long shot but does anyone on here still have those notes available. I am hoping to move back to Ireland after qualifying in the UK after 5 years. I have the exam in 3 weeks and they said it only happens twice a year and would appreciate any help I can get. Many thanks. Jim

Hi, I still have the notes and would be happy to send them to you. Just pm me your e-mail address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mont Blanc, there are so many queries for these, I have sent you my email address and will put them up in some webspace so that we can refer people to it in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Arianasouza

I have some notes on Google drive.

I think this course should be available as an online option - it could cut out all this scrabbling around for notes and get to the interesting and informative bits. I don't suppose anyone has the time/energy to start a campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jdonnelly5313

I agree Arianna Souza

Thanks to MontBlanc.
    Notes now here:
    http://www.dublin1850.com/ Click on the link on the right-hand side of the page to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cmick08

I agree. Why can't it be an online written assignment as some colleges do the course as a written assignment. Working in the UK with 2 kids makes it difficult to get home to sit the exam.

Anyone know of any pattern to predict the type of questions coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davidmcentee

Hey could i get the notes you have for the history and structure of the irish education exam.. Im doing the exam on the 18th of November and dont really know what to be studying. Thanks

See Spurious's post (two above yours) which has a link to notes.

I have some notes as well, pm me and I'll see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sophia13

Hi there! If anyone has taken H&S exam recentlu,could you give an insight of it. How it actually works when you are there and what is expected from you. Thanks!

Well, that's a hard question to answer in a way? It is a two hour exam with two essay type questions to answer. There is information on the website about the reading list and past papers. There is usually a question about your own area and how it has changed and developed over the period in question. You will need to know about the education act.

You just get a pass or fail, you don't get any feedback on how you've done. I saw some people leave after less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seera

Hi Arianasouza, if you have some notes kindly send me, I would be so grateful for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wayne1walsh

I have 19 pages of typed notes you can have if you pm me your email address.
    Hi there i was wondering if you still had these notes as i plan to take my test in a few months? thank you if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimob67

I am taking it this weekend. Do you still have those notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Pm me your email address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 srideviire

I am looking for the notes for that Aptitude test. Going to attend the test shortly.
    I did my teaching training in foreign. Please give me your advice to get into schools.

Advertisement