Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mystery Snails

Options
  • 19-09-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I heard the EU banned the import of Apple snails a few years back. However is it legal to breed and sell Mystery snails that are captive bred in Ireland or does the ban cover this? The UK seems to have cracked down hard and banned all breeding and selling.

I've a few clutches of eggs that I might need to destroy if illegal....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I hope it's not. I'd love to get another one, I'm very fond of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭schaffer

Follow up for anyone interested.

Dept of Agriculture have said the following:
    Pomacea bridgesii are "prohibited within and on entry into the EU. This includes breeding and sale".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

That sucks.

Just saying that if anyone has one that they would like to rehome I would love another one.

Advertisement