Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2019 - Round 17 Japan

Options
  • 10-10-2019 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Well I guess its my turn scene as no one else has started a thread for it.

So the Japanese race at Suzuka is supposed to be on this weekend but there is a super Typhoon near by that might upset things a bit. Who knows maybe we will get qualifying on the Sunday as well or maybe they will decide to have it tomorrow and only have one free practice session. Either option would make it interesting and test the drivers in different ways. Maybe they would have it all to do tomorrow before getting a rest on Saturday and then having the race on Sunday or tomorrow will just go as normal and they would have it all to do on Saturday. I wonder which the drivers would prefer?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Interesting exhaust on the Merc:
    Mercedes-Formel-1-GP-Japan-Suzuka-10-Oktober-2019-article169Gallery-9a7d1059-1635478.jpg

Mercedes-Formel-1-GP-Japan-Suzuka-10-Oktober-2019-article169Gallery-c91f171-1635480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,023 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Qualifying moved to 10am on Sunday... which might mean a late night for anyone watching live
    Or practice 2 result will be used if they can’t run Sunday morning
    Bottas, Hamilton, Verstappen, leclerc, Vettel, Albion,Saint, Perez, Gasly, Norris....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Renault not doing well here. Way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭nf2k

I hope the race goes ahead, my favourite race of the season. Of course, would rather see it cancelled if conditions are unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

nf2k wrote: »
    I hope the race goes ahead, my favourite race of the season. Of course, would rather see it cancelled if conditions are unsafe.

The race isnt in question. Just qualifying still could be cancelled as the track may be too wet/not cleared fully to have it ready for Qualy Sunday morning. The race is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What's gone wrong with the Ferraris?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Just to give you a little update on the highlights from Suzuka tomorrow.

Channel 4 will have their highlights extended by 30 minutes showing both the qualifying & race highlights.

It will begin at 2:20pm & finish at 4:55pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not sure what to do for quali and the race. Might set the alarm for 5:30, and watch Q2, Q3 before the race starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not sure what to do for quali and the race. Might set the alarm for 5:30, and watch Q2, Q3 before the race starts.

Thinking the same...... 6am start for quali and race. Fast forward the filler

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So what time is quali and what time is the race now? (Irish time)

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    So what time is quali and what time is the race now? (Irish time)

Quali: 2am
    Race: 6:10am

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just to give you a little update on the highlights from Suzuka tomorrow.

Channel 4 will have their highlights extended by 30 minutes showing both the qualifying & race highlights.

It will begin at 2:20pm & finish at 4:55pm.

I think its quiet disappointing really. A miserable 2 hours and 35 minutes. It should have been at least 3 and a half hours long as originally the qualy highlights was going to be 1 and a half hours long and the race highlights 2 hours long so I am very disappointed with Channel 4.

I was hoping that maybe Sky might give in and show it live on Sky 1 but unfortunately not :(

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Sky are showing a repeat at 0930 so I think I'll watch that then straight into the Scotland v Japan game.
    If it wasn't looking like a nailed on Mercedes front row I'd get up at 6 but probably not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Think I'll skip staying up for qualifying and just watch the race

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah normally I’d stay up for qualifying on the Saturday but I’ll get up for the race but I’m not staying up all night to catch up on qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,023 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

2 red flags so far in Q3, cross wind might be having an effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

These cross winds could make this very interesting indeed the last corner before the finish line is causing big problems so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Go on Seb!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Forza Seb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Suzuka is a superb circuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Impressive from Albon to match Verstappen in qualy. And Mclaren only 4 tenths away from Red Bull, they're making progress

Set up nicely for a bit of handbags with Leclerc and Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Good morning. Let's be having ye then.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Yeah, all contenders ****ed up.

Perfect start for Mercedes, especially if Vettel gets a penalty for jumping the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Ferrari snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as only they can. Leclerc has to pit to change that wing surely. Vettel maybe moved before the lights as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

"The car doesn't feel that bad"

Haha

Jaysus, that took off Hamilton's mirror

That was dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hamilton very lucky it didn't hit him in the head.

Have to say Croft is good for one thing....his "Lights out and away we go" is a good alarm clock.... Woke me up instantly.

• Advertisement

Albon torpedo

Advertisement