Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pieta house?

• 05-10-2019 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi I’ve tried a few places with this, so maybe third time lucky here,

Anyone any experience with Pieta House? Just nervous about an appointment I have next week and I’d like some feed back.

Thanks

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

ricicle wrote: »
    Hi I’ve tried a few places with this, so maybe third time lucky here,

Anyone any experience with Pieta House? Just nervous about an appointment I have next week and I’d like some feed back.

Thanks

R

I find them fantastic. I tried to reply on your other post. First appt is very much them getting an idea of whats going on for you

And if you and your counsellor dont gel well you can ask to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ricicle

Thank you, in the first phone call she asked me about my current diagnosis, then asked was I ever violent, was this standard or because of my diagnosis? I don’t want them to think I am violent or be scared of me! Would they ever break confidentiality?

Thanks

R

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

If you're straight you should be fine. Some lgbtq+ friends have had horrible experiences with pieta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Icsics

They are brilliant, no need to worry. They will give u a plan so u’ll know how many sessions u’ll have. You’re in safe hands.

Advertisement