Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

WSBK I’d say for Zarco.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

h3000 wrote: »
    WSBK I’d say for Zarco.

might be his only option. only seats not signed up are nakagami on lcr and miller on pramac.

jack will be staying on with pramac and they are close to a deal.

Cant see Nakagami been kept by LCR considering he was stalling contract negotations.

unless someone leaves a team to replace zarco, you are probably right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Nakagami is Japanese and Honda want a Japanese rider in Moto gp so the LCR ride should be safe.

Honda also want Zarco - indeed offered a contract to be MM team mate only for Zarco to find that his manager had tied him to KTM.

KTM for their part have said that they will try (again) to coax Dani Pedrosa put of retirement.

Bradley Smiths name is also doing the rounds as a replacement for Olivera at Tech 3 if ,as seems likely,he moves to the factory team.

Honda have offered Zarco a WSBK deal for 2020 according to the wsbk rumour mill ,though a lot of riders have been mentioned for that ride.

In will be interesting to see how this plays out and the bigger picture is 2021.

It is believed that the currently unemployed Jack Miller had 3 offers on the table over the weekend for 2020 - Ducati / Honda and KTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Honda's WSBK effort is about as uninspiring as a KTM is in MotoGP.
    I don't think anyone apart from MM will be able to extract the maximum from the Honda RCV.
    Zarco is out in the cold, that was a silly move on his part moving to KTM, I could see it at the time that his style wouldn't work with that machine.
    The Yamaha's look awfully slow on the straights compared to the Ducati and the Honda but they managed to put four bikes in the top ten followed by Ducati with three and Honda, KTM and Suzuki with one each.
    Hardly a ringing endorsement of Yamaha but it shows that the bike is easy to ride and controllable for lots of people but lacks a bit of juice.
    I really enjoyed that dice with Dovi and Marquez that was great racing and we were privileged to see two riders at the top of their game racing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

sorry not Motogp - hearing (may be old news?) that Laverty hanging up his boots at the end of the season to concentrate on his Rider Academy. Good career, with right breaks (excuse the pun) could be been a great one.

• Advertisement

He has had a few nasty accidents over recent times. Great rider and wish him the best of the future.

miller finally resigned with pramac

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    miller finally resigned with pramac

Proper order

It would be a travesty if Lorenzo shuffled Jack away from Pramac.
    Its not good for the series to have Spanish domination of all the classes.
    People have to have a national hero to support, that's why Nakagami is in LCR.

What this shows is that Ducati management is poisonous, Stoner left because he was ill and they didn't believe him. Rossi couldn't get them to change anything.
    Crutchlow couldn't get to grips with the bike, Lorenzo had a few bad runs and was just coming good when Domenicali publicly stated his dissatisfaction with his results.
    In short Ducati Corse are run by a bunch of snakes and you couldn't trust them as far as you could throw them.
    They are very lucky to have a rider as consistent as Dovi and Petrucci, it maybe helps that they are both Italians.
    You'd have to count your fingers shaking their hand after signing a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

CJhaughey wrote: »
    It would be a travesty if Lorenzo shuffled Jack away from Pramac.
    Its not good for the series to have Spanish domination of all the classes.
    People have to have a national hero to support, that's why Nakagami is in LCR.

What this shows is that Ducati management is poisonous, Stoner left because he was ill and they didn't believe him. Rossi couldn't get them to change anything.
    Crutchlow couldn't get to grips with the bike, Lorenzo had a few bad runs and was just coming good when Domenicali publicly stated his dissatisfaction with his results.
    In short Ducati Corse are run by a bunch of snakes and you couldn't trust them as far as you could throw them.
    They are very lucky to have a rider as consistent as Dovi and Petrucci, it maybe helps that they are both Italians.
    You'd have to count your fingers shaking their hand after signing a contract.

Reality is that if Lorenzo had not signed for Honda and you we're team manager who would you have signed
    Lorenzo or Millar
    It would be Lorenzo all day,
    Why because Lorenzo is a former multiple world champion and would be more likely to be fighting for wins or even a world title. I see Millar winning a odd race in a season but can't see him been a gp champion

• Advertisement

As a Team principal I would also be thinking about the team as a whole not just immediate results.
    Lorenzo has a lot of talent for sure but he is also very hard to work with in a team, look at some recent history for examples, The wall between him and Rossi.
    A lot of disruption in Ducati when he went there sure the results eventually came but the reports were that the Ducati garage was not a happy place when he wasn't winning and that may just have pissed them off enough to get rid of him.
    Bringing him into Pramac may have produced some results but it may also caused a lot of hassle internally.
    Jack is doing a good job this year, he's not winning every race but has had some solid results and is currently 8th while Lorenzo is 19th.
    No team manager is going to allow a currently contracted rider to break his contract because thats like opening Pandora's box.

legrand wrote: »
    sorry not Motogp - hearing (may be old news?) that Laverty hanging up his boots at the end of the season to concentrate on his Rider Academy. Good career, with right breaks (excuse the pun) could be been a great one.

I know this is more WSBK than MotoGP but Laverty has signed with BMW for WSBK 2020. No retirement thankfully.
    http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2019/Eugene%20Laverty%20signs%20with%20the%20BMW%20Motorrad%20WorldSBK%20Team?fbclid=IwAR3izYi7lRp6dQkeNapLfAbQjHbvTEe3V0jpdZQqQj5wvJkZrgIOl1L8n0U

Good to hear. With any luck will be at the sharp end next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That was a nasty crash glad Dovi is OK. Looked bad there for a minute.

Scary moment for Dovi but what a brilliant race again - the noise of the crowd added to the last lap showdown !

Wow what a finish! Holy ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'm here. We were sitting in the Luffield stand. The place properly lit up when Rins won. It erupted. Great day and unreal weather. It's as hot as Spain here.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'm here. We were sitting in the Luffield stand. The place properly lit up when Rins won. It erupted. Great day and unreal weather. It's as hot as Spain here.

Wheres that in relation to the finish line? Do they have screens and stuff around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The Nal wrote: »
    Wheres that in relation to the finish line? Do they have screens and stuff around?

Yes, there was a screen right in front of us. We were on the last corner. We couldn't quite see the finish line but we could see it on the screen when they went out of view.

We had a ringside view of Alex Marquez falling out of the lead of moto2.

That was a nasty crash glad Dovi is OK. Looked bad there for a minute.

Heart was in my mouth. I honestly was scared he was seriously hurt.

what a finish to the race beautiful finish. its good to see racing with more competitiveness. different riders challanging MM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

While the last few laps were good I feel we were robbed of possibly the best race in a long time with Quatro and Dovi out
    That Suzuki is clearly a great bike in the right hands...

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/08/28/motogp2020-provisional-2020-calendar-released/306763

next years calendar. finland added and a few places moved around the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/08/28/motogp2020-provisional-2020-calendar-released/306763

Fcuk me...doesnt it snow there all year round..........:D

While i have ye...any news on that new track up north...???

Finland has to be a summer time race hence the changes around those dates. The change to the Thai race was a surprise, all this being provisional

Zarco replaced by Mike Kallio for the rest of the season (apparently Dani said no) .

Will Zarco replace Lorenzo at Honda next year is a story that is not going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Magown3

Infoanon wrote: »
    Zarco replaced by Mike Kallio for the rest of the season (apparently Dani said no) .

Will Zarco replace Lorenzo at Honda next year is a story that is not going away.

And then Lorenzo to...... ?????

Interesting, I haven't heard that rumour before.

Magown3 wrote: »
    Infoanon wrote: »

And then Lorenzo to...... ?????

Interesting, I haven't heard that rumour before.
    Retiring or a year out before going back to Yamaha (or Ducati since he already openly sought the Pramac ride).

PUig has been making some rumblings as well about Lorenzo's performance

However it must be remembered that only Marquez can ride the Honda at the moment so it's not just Lorenzo's performances that are under par.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Lifelong Rossi fan , so no rose tinted glasses from me.
    The only person capable of challenging Márquez for a few seasons is Lorenzo he really needs to get up to speed on that Honda, which I have no doubt he eventually will.

I don’t think Viñales has the consistency or is too fragile or something to do it, he is fast on his day.
    Rossi is fast on his day but they are getting few and far between.

Quartararo definitely has the potential and speed, but right now he is riding a bike and that’s it pretty much, and the satellite Yamahas are usually well planted but not the fastest so be interesting to see how he handles the factory bike with all that brings when he gets it.

Rins is fast too another contender with potential , I don’t know if the Suzuki will do it for him tho.

If Lorenzo gets the bike the way he likes he is the only one with the speed to match Marc when Márc is having a good day.

• Advertisement

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........
    Something about Aragon - probably the least exciting track to watch racing - made worse by MM sleep waking to victory.
    XsApollo wrote: »
    Lifelong Rossi fan , so no rose tinted glasses from me.
    The only person capable of challenging Márquez for a few seasons is Lorenzo he really needs to get up to speed on that Honda, which I have no doubt he eventually will.

I don’t think Viñales has the consistency or is too fragile or something to do it, he is fast on his day.
    Rossi is fast on his day but they are getting few and far between.

Quartararo definitely  has the potential and speed, but right now he is riding a bike and that’s it pretty much, and the satellite Yamahas are usually well planted but not the fastest so be interesting to see how he handles the factory bike with all that brings when he gets it.

Rins is fast too another contender with potential , I don’t know if the Suzuki will do it for him tho.

If Lorenzo gets the bike the way he likes he is the only one with the speed to match Marc when Márc is having a good day.
    Dunno if this applies any more?  Lorenzo had a handful of 'days' in the Ducati last season and it's been a few years since he was leading the field otherwise (and sad to say - same for Rossi) . Reckon up to other young-fella's with right bike package to take the fight to MM. We may need to wait awhile yet however.

Advertisement