Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

as much as i was screaming for rossi you can not take away from rins!

cracking race delighted for miller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    as much as i was screaming for rossi you can not take away from rins!

cracking race delighted for miller

Pretty much how I feel about the race too.

Look no-one wishes harm on a rider but I wasn't gutted to see Marquez not finish. For a rider who's bike was skittish all weekend, he got a bit cocky in the race trying to clear off. Thankfully he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

When MM went down I was delighted for Rossi-  but figured Rins would take it based on his finishing ability and sure enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great to see Rossi competitive though. Lets hope he can keep it up because I can't see anyone else challenging Marquez this season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grid for Le Mans is interesting bar the usuall MM performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Grid for Le Mans is interesting bar the usuall MM performance
    Moto GP surely the best motor sport series on the planet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Infoanon wrote: »

Have to agree, nothing else gives me such a rush to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Have to agree, nothing else gives me such a rush to watch.

I fell asleep...who won...:rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I fell asleep...who won...:rolleyes::p

Wouldn't blame you. Better than F1 but nowhere near yesterday's NW action.

Moto2 much more entertaining (Corsi effort in particular)

• Advertisement

Moto 3 was a great scrap too.

Marquez is going to run away with it again this year. Fantastic rider but all a bit predictable and boring.

Marquez is a fabulous rider but it's far from certain that he will be world champion, his strength is that even on bad days he scores a podium but Dovi is only 8 points behind, Ducati will get the bike more competitive while there are Suzuki circuits coming up and you can never discount Yamaha.

Moto 2 and 3 are also great this year

Yamaha have won 1 race from the last 30.

Moto 2 and 3 are also great this year

Its sad when we have to depend on the "lower" classes for entertaining races tho....:rolleyes:
    Maybe a no-limits ,anything goes approach in the motogp class might be fun...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Its sad when we have to depend on the "lower" classes for entertaining races tho....:rolleyes:
    Maybe a no-limits ,anything goes approach in the motogp class might be fun...:)

It is hard to understand how you wouldn't be entertained with the MotoGP race.
    Best motor racing at the moment .

I think situation is the Moto2 and 3 tend to be more consistently competitive (and great to watch) - premier class, on occasion can be a bit of a procession (I too nodded off 3/4's way through the race :))

Brilliant Moto GP race at Mugello, brilliant circuit,brilliant atmosphere and a well organised track invasion !

So many could have won today but hats off to the winner - best motor racing in the world

I have never willed a rider to win so much. so happy for the winner.

Was great to see a mix up front and not someone going out ahead and staying there all race

8 years since Petrucci was on a top-step! Fair play - supper race.

• Advertisement

legrand wrote: »
    8 years since Petrucci was on a top-step! Fair play - supper race.
    Excellent performance by Rins - a recovery ride marking out a future world champion

Absolutely delighted i dragged my arse out of bed for this one. happy out for Petrucci, Rins also excellent

Just catching up. That was so good. At one stage they were overtaking so hard it looked like the last lap but there was 14 laps to go!

Great race..it looked like Dovi was holding up Rins in a lot of the corners...but then the straight came...

Moto3 was an absolute cracker - premier class was great but 3 had me having kittens! Who, wait, what, oh no, wtf, omg etc..:).  8-10 abreast into end of straight corner, completely bonkers.  Of course it helps that these young lads think they're immortal and anything goes..

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Casey Stoner’s only 33.

What I would give for him to be back on this grid. He’s the only one that would be fast, ballsy and cranky enough to really put it up to Marquez throughout a full season.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Casey Stoner’s only 33.

What I would give for him to be back on this grid. He’s the only one that would be fast, ballsy and cranky enough to really put it up to Marquez throughout a full season.

Yeah fast as hell when he wasn't sailing through the air. He retired because he broke himself up so much. And the lad was a world class whiner. Lorenzo is in the ha'penny place compared to him.

He wasn't called stoner the moaner for nothing.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Faugheen wrote: »
    Casey Stoner’s only 33.

Yeah fast as hell when he wasn't sailing through the air. He retired because he broke himself up so much. And the lad was a world class whiner. Lorenzo is in the ha'penny place compared to him.

He wasn't called stoner the moaner for nothing.
    Double World Champion who ruffled a few feathers by calling it as it was.

Retired because he wanted to put family first despite a mega buck offer from Honda

A world champion on 2 different bikes !, I might be a Rossi fan but I respect how utterly brilliant Stoner was on a bike.

As Cal Crutchlow used to say 'we all now we are fighting for second at Philip Island Casey is so far ahead'

Stoners biography is well worth a read and gives a great insight into how hard he had to battle to make it - also explains the LCR days and other riders stopping him having the proper tyres.....

lost for words.... no spoilers

• Advertisement

Well done Lorenzo.

Advertisement