Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Was snowing as I left home 5 miles North East of Cork City, sticking nicely too but as I got closer to the City this was turning to sleet, definitely too wet to stick there. But as I came through the city on the other side on my way to work, was sticking again on the far side of Ballincollig. Not a whole lot though and not sure it will persist for too long.
    Temps ranged from 0C to 2C, highest at the lower elevations in the City.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks guys. Seeing as it's an optional trip I'm going to skip the drive down as I'd have to come back up again later today. I'm going back to bed instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Snowing here south of Cork for about an hour now, some of it is beginning to lie although its probably to mild for it to accumulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Woke to a wonderful wintery scene here in south Kerry. Everything got a dusting. Just after a heavy hail shower tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Snowing heavy now again in Farranfore, 3cm at a guess have not gone out yet to check exactly, its beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

A good inch here in west Cork and still at it. Beautifullllllll im going hill walking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

No snow here in Ennis...not even an icy windscreen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

JUST started to snow here in Limerick, not big fluffy flakes but nevertheless its a start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

budweiser6 wrote: »
    JUST started to snow here in Limerick, not big fluffy flakes but nevertheless its a start :D
    City?, Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Not a flake in dooradoyle limerick. Not even frost on the cars. Will update for west limerick later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Nothing in Roscommon and I've got mocks. today and,I didn't study FUUUUCCCKK :/

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

ian87 wrote: »
    Not a flake in dooradoyle limerick. Not even frost on the cars. Will update for west limerick later.
    Looking again light lakes just started looking at lampost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Pretty heavy now in Douglas! About 1 cm so far and still falling..... Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Pretty heavy now in Douglas! About 1 cm so far and still falling..... Delighted!

Is it actually sticking to the ground yet (other than cars and grass) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Snowing lightly in Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Snow to the left of me snow to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with Redsteveireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StormGazer.11

Parked by ucc at the moment and it's very very slowly starting to stick to the footpaths, just slush on the road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Loads of snow near Mallow..really started coming down from 7 am on. Looks great and worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

persistent snow here near the Ballyhoura's.About an inch on the road.about 2" on the car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wow, AA roadwatch just said on Radio 1 that 6 inches fell in Kerry around Dingle Peninsula with Tralee, Killarney etc also bad.

aaroadwatch.ie gives good overview of where is affected

KERRY
    yellowBullet.gif Up to 6 inches of snow fell on the Dingle Peninsula overnight and motorists are advised to avoid Conor Pass. Snow also around Tralee; particular care needed on the N86 Tralee/Dingle Rd and the N21 Tralee/Castleisland Rd.
    yellowBullet.gif Snow is also causing problems around Killarney and the N71 Molls Gap Rd is now closed from Killarney to Kenmare. Take care on all routes in Caherciveen.
    yellowBullet.gif Care is also needed in Listowel, on the N69 Tralee/Tarbert Rd; a truck is at Laharn and care is required in Ballyheigue.

CORK

yellowBullet.gif Snow is heavier now in Cork, extreme care needed on the N22 Cork/Killarney Rd especially around Ballyvourney where a number of vehicles have gotten stuck. Also take care on the N20 Mallow/Charleville Rd and on Millstreet/Macroom Rd (R582).
    yellowBullet.gif Snow is sticking around Donoughmore, Mallow, Macroom, Crookstown and Millstreet. Poor road conditions in Blarney and Bantry. Reports of snow falling at Bandon and Enniskean.
    yellowBullet.gif Sleet and snow are affecting conditions in Cork city in particular around Douglas, Mayfield, Carrigaline, Ballyvolane and Togher.

LIMERICK

yellowBullet.gif Icy conditions around Templeglantine and Abbeyfeale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 JMT3

Snow is getting heavier here in Blackrock, Cork City! Nice big flakes falling now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lovely to wake up to light snowfall. Dead calm here with light snow. Absolutely beautiful.

That's probably it for me for the winter in the snow deprived south midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

237386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

ch750536 wrote: »
    237386.jpg

Looks like four inches of snow in places? :) Beautiful white snow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

OK...we have had our little bit of snow in Cork...now please feck off before this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ludo wrote: »
    OK...we have had our little bit of snow in Cork...now please feck off before this evening.

:eek: How DARE you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just started here again after a brief lull..bring it on! plenty days of looking at rain here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

Snowing in Mallow, a couple of cm on the ground and still coming down.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Horsing down now again here, will check in a sec how much fell overnight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Mental!!! woke up at 7.15 this morning and it was ball deep in Tyrellstown then when i got to finglas there wasnt a flake :eek: misses was saying it is still snowing heavy over our neck of the woods

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement