Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 15 Singapore

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Makes you wonder though, doesn't it, if the midfield can battle like that why was it so pedestrian at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

too much to lose if it went Wrong , that's one of the extra reasons Vettel was left in the lead , He made much easier work of the Racing-Point , ToroRosso and "Alfa" when taking the lead . he ended up about 6seconds head of CL by the time he had finished getting past them .
    The top 4 or 5 all had points to lose if anything went wrong battling each other. The midfield and back all had points to gain if the risk paid off .

Vettel had the win in his grasp, and Hamilton just needs to keep accumulating points to be a shoe-in for the WDC, but I can't see that Leclerc or Verstappen had any more to lose that Ricciardo or Sainz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Le Clerc was under team orders to bring home a Ferrari 1-2. Verstappen was only one really that could risk a move.

I would say there is so much goodwill for Leclerc at Ferrari since he won for them at Monza that there would have been no consequence for him for breaking team orders. Having said that of course, it is a real credit to him to accept having a 3rd successive win taken away from him like that with such magnanimity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

ferrari were right to leave vettel win. his head was down and needed a win to boost his confidence. a year without a win is a lot for a top driver like that. combine that with a great start to his teammates career and there was a lot of pressure on vettel. if i was the boss at ferrari i would have been trying to get vettel a win if i could at all. they need to finish the season strong. the title race is all but over but the battle for second is very much on and having 2 happy and motivated good drivers would help a lot

Advertisement