Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday pay?

• 13-09-2019 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just a query regarding summer holiday pay. I started in a school doing Learning Support in February 2018 until November 2018 (covering a maternity leave). I then started a maternity leave in the same school in November 2018 until the end of the school term. Should I get holiday pay for the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭pooch90

Not as a sub covering a maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

pooch90 wrote: »
    Not as a sub covering a maternity leave.

I didn't think I would so I applied for Social Welfare benefits over the summer. But now SW rang me today and said it seems that I got paid. See I'm not sure the date that they principal has me down as finishing one maternity leave and starting the next. He is the type of principal that shall we say wouldn't do things by the books. He could have down as starting the 2nd maternity leave on a different date (There was a lot of learning support swapping/rejigging etc). Even if I ring the department I'm not even sure if the principals dates and my dates match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭pooch90

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I didn't think I would so I applied for Social Welfare benefits over the summer. But now SW rang me today and said it seems that I got paid. See I'm not sure the date that they principal has me down as finishing one maternity leave and starting the next. He is the type of principal that shall we say wouldn't do things by the books. He could have down as starting the 2nd maternity leave on a different date (There was a lot of learning support swapping/rejigging etc). Even if I ring the department I'm not even sure if the principals dates and my dates match up.
    Technically your sub wage includes a bump to cover holiday pay you see. Most of the time you will be able to access SW but it depends on who you meet in the office and far as I can see. Could you call the school secretary and get her to look into the dates for you?

Advertisement