Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-04-2019, 15:51   #31
pm.

Send a message via MSN to pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoutman View Post
That lat/long put you just outside Orlando, Florida.
Haha don't know that happened. We are just off rosslare harbor now, the conditions have really improved just slightly choppy now. Due into Dublin at 9:30 tonight Because we missed our time slot.

Everyone on board are so p!ssed off at this stage 24 hours on board with another 5/6 hours to go, would definitely make you think twice about taking the ferry. I feel sorry for people with very young kids. Our youngest is 7 so it's not too bad

The ship handled the weather well considering how bad it was. The only damage I can see are a few roof tiles missing from the club lounge.

I will post the videos tomorrow at this stage
Advertisement
27-04-2019, 15:51   #32
Pretzill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoutman View Post
That lat/long put you just outside Orlando, Florida.
You can see it on Marine Traffic just off the Wexford coast says the ETA is 9pm. It must be travelling slowly.
27-04-2019, 16:19   #33
Reckless Abandonment

Fair play to you. I'd of extended the holiday a few more days look forward to seeing the videos.
Thanks from:
27-04-2019, 16:31   #34
Storm 10

I'm very lucky when travelling on ships I have never got sea sick I love a good Storm rocking and rolling, on one trip from France to Rosslare on the St Patrick 2 we ran into storm force 10 my wife does not get sick either so we had dinner and a few beers that night, the one big memory was sitting at a bar table and watching massive waved going higher than the windows. I feel sorry for any one sea sick as I'm sure it must be a terrible experience.
27-04-2019, 16:42   #35
MarkN

Fairly sure I saw F10-F11 in parts of the sea off the southeast coast of Ireland for today on the RTÉ weather last night.
Advertisement
27-04-2019, 16:50   #36
PauloMN

Current position and lots of other info here. Speed dropped a lot between 6am and 8am by the looks of it, probably when it hit the worst winds.
27-04-2019, 17:50   #37
Storm 10

Looking at her track she seems to have sheltered off Falmouth Cornwall which would explain the long time for the trip, she departed there at 6am this morning
Thanks from:
27-04-2019, 18:09   #38
Elemonator

I remember a crossing in similar conditions on Irish Ferries Normandy a few years ago. You'll be fine OP.
27-04-2019, 18:22   #39
aisling86

My parents are on cork - roscoff, it didn't arrive into cork until 3.30pm, they closed boarding at 5pm not due to depart until 10pm. The longer they wait the calmer the seas might get hopefully.
Advertisement
27-04-2019, 19:30   #40
Larbre34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemonator View Post
I remember a crossing in similar conditions on Irish Ferries Normandy a few years ago. You'll be fine OP.
He'll be fine? Have you read on since post one, it sounds like a poxy awful crossing....
27-04-2019, 19:45   #41
Pretzill

I think I'd be more annoyed it's taking so long for the ship to dock - It looks like it's been hanging around the same spot for the last couple of hours - It must be something to do with getting a slot in Dublin Port -
27-04-2019, 19:55   #42
Rhys Essien

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling86 View Post
My parents are on cork - roscoff, it didn't arrive into cork until 3.30pm, they closed boarding at 5pm not due to depart until 10pm. The longer they wait the calmer the seas might get hopefully.
The Pont Aven doesn’t mess about. Steaming back to Roscoff already.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...y:51.7/zoom:10
Thanks from:
27-04-2019, 20:20   #43
Kmum

Also onboard, got caught in the brassiere restaurant (buffet style) with the kids at breakfast, plates, and bottles flying out of the fridges all over the place. The kitchen sounded like it was falling apart. They has to close it in the end it was too dangerous. Vomit everywhere! Thankfully we had travel sickness tablets and we’ve all been fine.

Over 30hrs onboard by the time we get off, waiting for another ship to leave Dublin before we can dock. Latest update is 10.30pm. Not impressed with the meal voucher but maybe that’s normal? 1 meal for a 12hr delay. When we went to get dinner you could only have curry or beef none of the other mains (lasagna, burger etc) really crappy food for the kids. Just want off at this stage..
27-04-2019, 20:45   #44
pm.

Send a message via MSN to pm.
Yep same as Kmum we are all p!ssed off at this stage, irish ferries could have of at least giving us access to all the food at the buffet. It's not like it's great anyway

Don't think we will be traveling to France via ferry for a long time. Just glad it's almost over
(2) thanks from:
27-04-2019, 20:47   #45
Reckless Abandonment

They should of cancelled the trip. I understand ships can sail in this weather. But jesus It will put most of the passengers off ever travelling by ship again.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion