Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I entitled to a copy of the lease.

Options
  • 28-11-2018 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

I'm currently in a dispute with a property management company who manage the property I live in.

If I ask then am I entitled to receive a copy of the lease I signed earlier this year? They don't seem willing to give me a copy. Is there any legal obligation on them to provide me with one? The funny thing is I don't even remember signing it, so I'm beginning to doubt I did. What impact would that have on the tenancy?

I share with 2 others. In the past when people wanted to move out, then we found a new tenant, they sent the references and statements to the Prop Man agency, then the security deposit was transferred between person moving out and moving in. The agency now want me to pay almost €680 in admin and solicitors fee before they ask the landlord can I move out. It's a part 4 tenancy. I realise I'm not staying up until the lease is up (if I signed one at all this year!), but surely that is an excessive fee for them to charge? What is considered reasonable? Others didn't have to pay this, and we weren't informed of any charges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

KarlMarks wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

I'm currently in a dispute with a property management company who manage the property I live in.

If I ask then am I entitled to receive a copy of the lease I signed earlier this year? They don't seem willing to give me a copy. Is there any legal obligation on them to provide me with one? The funny thing is I don't even remember signing it, so I'm beginning to doubt I did. What impact would that have on the tenancy?

I share with 2 others. In the past when people wanted to move out, then we found a new tenant, they sent the references and statements to the Prop Man agency, then the security deposit was transferred between person moving out and moving in. The agency now want me to pay almost €680 in admin and solicitors fee before they ask the landlord can I move out. It's a part 4 tenancy. I realise I'm not staying up until the lease is up (if I signed one at all this year!), but surely that is an excessive fee for them to charge? What is considered reasonable? Others didn't have to pay this, and we weren't informed of any charges.

Yes a copy of the lease have been provided or you had the opportunity to take a copy before signing. You may not have signed one this year, part 4 does not require annual leases.

Just get the others to replace yourself and ignore the agency. The only obligation is to inform the landlord of new tenants, however the new tenant will be a licensee if the landlord has not approved the change, but can apply to be considered a tenant later. All this is contained in the RTB act.

If you need legal advice on it, a top tier solicitor consultation will cost you about half of the fee the agency wants to charge.

Advertisement