Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Apartment

• 15-05-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Don't know i I'm posting this in the right place or ot but I'll be moving from Balgriffin in Dublin to the city and I was wondering what the best(cheapest) way to transport a PC, Desk and chair? I was considering movers but they look very expensive, would a courier do it? Or am I better off just getting a Taxi? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bgo1

Look up 'man + van' ads in the classifieds - relatively cheap and quick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Don't know i I'm posting this in the right place or ot but I'll be moving from Balgriffin in Dublin to the city and I was wondering what the best(cheapest) way to transport a PC, Desk and chair? I was considering movers but they look very expensive, would a courier do it? Or am I better off just getting a Taxi? Thanks :)

Man with Van might do it for cheap enough. Desk and chair may not fit in a taxi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Another alternate- rent a van for a day yourself. Most small vans can be driven on a regular driving license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Definitely a man in a van. We got one for 40 euro for 1 run, the van was huge and took 80% of our belongings in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dohitech

sebcity wrote: »
    Definitely a man in a van. We got one for 40 euro for 1 run, the van was huge and took 80% of our belongings in one go

hi can you recommend that man you used for transportation ? maybe his email please. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dohitech wrote: »
    hi can you recommend that man you used for transportation ? maybe his email please. thanks

Google 'Man in a Van'- we do not normally allow specific recommendations here- we've been quite generous allowing the 'Man in a Van' recommendation stay on thread.

Advertisement