Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Painting and Property Management COmpany

Options
  • 12-06-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

I live in a managed development and we were sent a newsletter to paint our front doors - which I did. The week after the entire block was painted, with cream paint. Hence my nice new door is all spattered in cream paint. Do I have any comeback?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

amtc wrote: »
    I live in a managed development and we were sent a newsletter to paint our front doors - which I did. The week after the entire block was painted, with cream paint. Hence my nice new door is all spattered in cream paint. Do I have any comeback?

Errr- no.
    I would have queried the initial newsletter to be honest with you- its highly unusual for a management company to permit unit owners paint the exterior of the property- if you check your lease (that thousand year lease- or whatever length of time)- you will find that the exterior of the building- to include the doors, fascias, window boxes etc- are all the remit of the management company.......

So- a little bit of a touchup yourself, with a brush is probably in your own best interests- but I'd seriously be chasing the Management Company to do any exterior painting next time.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Where the front door belongs to a single unit it is the responsibility of the owner to maintain it but they may not deviate from the colour scheme set down by the management company.

Our MC arranges for painting of all common area doors and offers own door units the services of the same painter for a small fee. It's complicated trying to organise for own doors to be painted as the owner has to be there to actually open the door. The other thing we do is have the doors painted in a commercially available paint so we can tell all own door owners that the colour is Brand X, Shade Y, matt finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Hi Althrasna - think you live where I do...

I painted the front door as was as instructed by the managing agents but just after this the 'main painting' of the units took plaxce and my door is nos splashd.

Will ring SM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Think you're the next cluster up..I noticed the scaffolding up for main painting a few weeks ago. We are changing agents next week..things can only get better ;)

Advertisement