Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT notes for sale/wanted - post in this thread only

• 20-11-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

mod note addedHi folks,

theres a lot of threads cropping up with notes for sale, so rather than having loads of then i'm going to create this single one. the merge may have messed up the order of posts a little, sorry.

anyone who creates another one rather than posting here will have their post deleted.
    /end of modnote

I've just received my Gamsat UK results and I got 64!

I don't have a Science background and I did all of my preparation from these materials.

I have:

Des O'Neill Science notes- General Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.

Organic Chemistry for Dummies

Griffiths Gamsat Review

Ozimed Practice Tests

MedPrep Practice Test

ACER Practice Test, Sample Questions and Practice Questions- these are photocopied versions a friend gave me.

I will also include various electronic files I have:

Electronic versions of MCAT Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics books

Electronic version of MCAT 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning

MCAT Audio Osmosis - electronic, not on C.D s

I will sell everything for €250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Hi, hows it going, congratulations on the great results. Just wondering if you still have the Gamsat materials, I would be interested in buying them. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beckajane

Hi I was just wondering if your material was still available to buy?
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Hey,

I PMed you both. The materials are still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mhet016

Hi do you still have your gamsat material for sale? Contact me if you do mhet016@gmail.com Im interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sallyann55

hey any chance u still have any of the acer,or medpreb practice exam questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ash87

Hey
    Just wondering do you still have the material for sale? Im living in galway and interested in buying the material? :D if so my email is aislingheverin@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

galwayllm wrote: »
    I've just received my Gamsat UK results and I got 64!

I don't have a Science background and I did all of my preparation from these materials.

I have:

Des O'Neill Science notes- General Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.

Organic Chemistry for Dummies

Griffiths Gamsat Review

Ozimed Practice Tests

MedPrep Practice Test

ACER Practice Test, Sample Questions and Practice Questions- these are photocopied versions a friend gave me.

I will also include various electronic files I have:

Electronic versions of MCAT Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics books

Electronic version of MCAT 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning

MCAT Audio Osmosis - electronic, not on C.D s

I will sell everything for €250

Hey, I am looking to purchase ozimed papers 2nd hand but in decent condition. They are crazy expensive on the internet for what you get. Do you still have some? How much do you want for them, I need them nice and cheap! Are you in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Hi Dr. Spock,
    The materials are now sold. I hope you find what you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sparrow3

Hi All,

I am selling all my GAMSAT material.

Ideally, these notes would be most beneficial to someone who has no previous chemistry or physics knowledge.

The notes and books are not for sale individually but as a pack all together. Hopefully someone else will get the value from them that I did . I got a 70 on my Section 2 and a 61 on my Section 3 in September.

People are more than welcome to view the notes before deciding if they want them- just message me.

To give you a bit of background on the notes –
    I had never done chemistry or physics so was starting from the basics. When I went to the GRADMED course, I found that they presumed that you had a level of understanding of chemistry and physics already which I didn’t. While the notes cover every topic, they do not go into great detail of explaining the concepts to you. As a result, basic concepts such as how to calculate the numbers of moles in a certain volume of liquid were not explained and basically went straight over my head. These basic concepts are critical to understanding more complex topics in my opinion. To get to grips with understanding chemistry and physics, I went to a chemistry and physics lecturer for a few months who went through the entire GAMSAT syllabus for physical chemistry, organic chemistry and physics in detail. As part of this, I have detailed notes done up for every single topic – stereochemistry, benzene rings, Thermochemistry, Medical Physics, Current, etc

To improve my technique of writing esssays and also to increase my general knowledge of possible topics, myself and 2 friends worked in a study group. We identified 30 broad topics (justice, technology, morality, etc) , identified a number of quotes for each and wrote essays on each topic . This gave me a good base knowledge of topics and ideas. While the essay style might not be valuable to people, there is a large volume of topics/quotes and ideas in the essays would be valuable.

The Pack Includes:
    • Full set of DES O’ Neill Home Study Pack : Writing Better Essays, Science Revision Course, and Practicing MCQ course.
    • Full set of Gradmed Course Material: notes booklets for Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Section 2 Essays, Section 1 MCQ’s and Practice Questions/Tests booklet
    • Full set of Chemistry ( Physical and Organic ) and Physics notes as detailed above
    • 100 + Essays on a large variety of topics.
    • Range of Supporting Books
      • Organic Chemistry for Dummies
      • Physics for Dummies
      • Real World Physics ( leaving cert book)
      • Biological Science 1 & 2
      • Understanding Chemistry (leaving Cert book)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ericm84

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Emiedoo

Hi Sparrow 3, Be delighted if you could send me details of cost by PM.
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

Interested, please send details, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mednow

snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brainyladybug

Haha Mednow fairly jumped on your notes sales there Sparrow...;)
    How much you want for them?
    I hear the Des ONeills notes are amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 littlesquirrel

Hey sparrow would really love to buy your notes off you! did the gamsat in march was really disappointed with my result hopefully it all works out in sep 11

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

as the title suggests...

ozimed, acer, S1&2 notes, anything you might have.

PM or reply here.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cmack

Hi G rock,

I just successfully completed the gamsat and will most likely end up in UCD. Coming from a non-science background I had to I had to study very intensively and accumulated quite an array of materials for each of the sections.

Including:

Gradmed Practice Tests for Sections 1&3

Examkrackers Mcat Verbal Reasoning Tests

Extensive gradmed Notes for sections 1,2,3. For section 3 These are excellent and are concentrated on areas that actually come up on the test in Physics, Chemistry, Bio.

I've also got some Text books that were very useful.

You should PM me so we can negotiate what you want & price.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ducky88

Hi there, I’m selling my extensive set of GAMSAT materials that will see me a place in Dublin in September. I’m from a non-science background (just a B in Leaving Cert biology), so I started Chemistry and Physics from scratch and this was everything I needed. I spent well over a grand on it (worked it out almost €600 not including the gradmed notes!) so I’ll take the highest offer. It’ll cost a bomb to post as there’s so much stuff, so it’ll have to be collected from Dublin.

Gradmed full prep course notes and sample questions:

-GAMSAT Organic Chemistry
    -GAMSAT Physical Chemistry
    -GAMSAT Physics
    -GAMSAT Maths for Science
    -Written Communication (Task A)
    -Written Communication (Task B)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section I (4 papers)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section III (5 half papers&solutions)
    -All handouts and extra questions from the course

Physics for Dummies
    Chemistry for Dummies
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies 1
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies 2
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies Workbook 1

The Gold Standard GAMSAT (€110 new)

Griffith’s GAMSAT review (PDF) (£34.95 online)

Letts Revise AS&A2 Chemistry (recommended by Griffith’s)
    Oxford Revision Guides- AS&A Level Biology Through Diagrams
    A Primer to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes (recommended by Griffith’s)
    Orbit Molecular building system

Examkrackers 101 Passages in MCAT (very helpful for Section I, £30 new)
    Practice tests for Diagrammatic & Abstract reasoning by Peter S. Rhodes (recommended by Griffith’s)
    ‘The Meaning of Things’ by A.C. Grayling

Ozimed Papers 1-10 (€235 new)
    ACER papers (3 sets: Green, Purple, Blue; £68 new)

Most of it I bought new, bar a couple of things, and I took pretty good care of it so everything's in decent condition. PM me if interested!

Hi there, I’m selling my extensive set of GAMSAT materials that will see me a place in Dublin in September. I’m from a non-science background (just a B in Leaving Cert biology), so I started Chemistry and Physics from scratch and this was everything I needed. I spent well over a grand on it (worked it out almost €600 not including the gradmed notes!) so I’ll take the highest offer. It’ll cost a bomb to post as there’s so much stuff, so it’ll have to be collected from Dublin.

Gradmed full prep course notes and sample questions:

-GAMSAT Organic Chemistry
    -GAMSAT Physical Chemistry
    -GAMSAT Physics
    -GAMSAT Maths for Science
    -Written Communication (Task A)
    -Written Communication (Task B)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section I (4 papers)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section III (5 half papers&solutions)
    -All handouts and extra questions from the course

Physics for Dummies
    Chemistry for Dummies
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies 1
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies 2
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies Workbook 1

The Gold Standard GAMSAT (€110 new)

Griffith’s GAMSAT review (PDF) (£34.95 online)

Letts Revise AS&A2 Chemistry (recommended by Griffith’s)
    Oxford Revision Guides- AS&A Level Biology Through Diagrams
    A Primer to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes (recommended by Griffith’s)
    Orbit Molecular building system

Examkrackers 101 Passages in MCAT (very helpful for Section I, £30 new)
    Practice tests for Diagrammatic & Abstract reasoning by Peter S. Rhodes (recommended by Griffith’s)
    ‘The Meaning of Things’ by A.C. Grayling

Ozimed Papers 1-10 (€235 new)
    ACER papers (3 sets: Green, Purple, Blue; £68 new)

Most of it I bought new, bar a couple of things, and I took pretty good care of it so everything's in decent condition. PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

Any one based round galway/ athlone interested in GAMSAT material drop a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 selling up

For Sale: (as complete package)

Full Set of Gradmed Notes + various books (had great intentions but circumstances have changed and can no longer pursue this course of study / career)

Gradmed Written Communication

Gradmed Maths for Science

Gradmed Physical Chemistry

Gradmed Physics
    • Mechanics & Heat Energy
    • Electricity
    • Medical Physics
    Gradmed Biology
    • DNA
    • Cell Biology
    • Cell Division
    • Digestive System
    • Circulatory System
    • Nervous System
    Gradmed Organic Chemistry
    • Weeks 1-4
    Gamsat Simulated Questions - Sections 1 & 3
    Practice Questions
    Practice Test

Organic Chemisty 1 for Dummies
    Chemistry for Dummies
    Physics for Dummies
    Leaving Certificate Biology

All in excellent condition. Will sell to highest offer, plus postage (from Limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

Got good amount of GAMSAT material in Galway, pm if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GOING4BROKE

Do those gradmed include past papers/ samples papers and how much are you looking to sell them for?

Hi Mednow or Sparrow, I am extremely interested in buying notes off either of you if there are any remaining notes left. Cheers.

Hi I am interested in buying some if not all of your material. How much are your looking to sell them for, considering I am a student with little prospect of earning anything in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sparrow3

sorry, my notes are already sold

The materials are now sold, sorry!

Yes they do include sample papers and solutions Going for Broke.

Happy to hand over to the highest bidder by end of this week (based in Limerick)

I guess Ill start the bidding at 150 euro, Im happy to pay for any postage or alternatively collect the material off you.

• Advertisement

Hi guys - have had a few public / private bids for the material - really just want to recoup some costs and certainly not "on the make" here, so happy to sell for E150 cash. If anyone is able to meet me some day this week / weekend in Limerick it seems easier than posting (which would cost a fair whack!). Just pm me....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement