Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cap kits

• 25-07-2013 8:35am

Where you getting them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Where you getting them?

Ive a lad who'll make up an exact cap kit for you based on a list for the chassis - and its dirt cheap too. He's really sound.

Will dig it out and send it on.

yes please!

Master of the Universe

Here's his website; http://console5.com/store/

Cap kit section; http://console5.com/store/kits.html

Contact email; sales@console5.com

Guy's name is Luke. I sent him a cap kit list (monitor chassis was a different revision to my one) along with loads of photos. He put the kit together spot on. Was one cap left over, everything else was perfect.

Good man,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I have dealt with bob roberts in the states for cap/flyback kits.
    If you google the real bob roberts you should find him.
    He is highly regarded on the forums.

• Advertisement

While Im at it
    any body know what fet and psu ic are in relation to monitors?
    been told to suspect them in one of the non working polo's

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

sundodger5 wrote: »
    I have dealt with bob roberts in the states for cap/flyback kits.
    If you google the real bob roberts you should find him.
    He is highly regarded on the forums.

the major problem is actually paying Bob Roberts. He doesn't accept credit card or paypal. You have to basically go to the bank and get dollars to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

the major problem is actually paying Bob Roberts. He doesn't accept credit card or paypal. You have to basically go to the bank and get dollars to post.

you can make an international euro payment via online banking to belgium using whatever that payment system he uses is.

EDIT: Auctionchex is the system. I bought a cable from him and the process was flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

you can make an international euro payment via online banking to belgium using whatever that payment system he uses is.

EDIT: Auctionchex is the system. I bought a cable from him and the process was flawless.

auctionchex is the other system he accepts but auctionchex no longer accept credit cards. You can do an online transfer directly from your bank but many banks require you to visit the branch and sign approval to allow a transfer e.g. PTSB. If he had a way to just accept paypal or credit card it would so much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

auctionchex is the other system he accepts but auctionchex no longer accept credit cards. You can do an online transfer directly from your bank but many banks require you to visit the branch and sign approval to allow a transfer e.g. PTSB. If he had a way to just accept paypal or credit card it would so much handier.

That's interesting. I'm with AIB and just trasnferred to the designated euro account via internet banking. No branch visit required!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Or you could just go with Luke and get it for about $15 via paypal...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Or you could just go with Luke and get it for about $15 via paypal...!

I'd agree.

Less hassle to buy them individually from Farnell then jump through those payment hoops.

I think im going with Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I use bob because it is usually flybacks i am after but if the soldering iron is out it is getting caps as well:D

Advertisement