Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

VW08 wrote: »
    Don’t they do stage payments during the build?

They do for self-builds - but I am guessing this is a property being bought from plans rather than a self-build?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jellapino15

They do for self-builds - but I am guessing this is a property being bought from plans rather than a self-build?

Yes exactly it is bought from plans, sorry should have specified

• Registered Users Posts: 3 B250

Hi just wondering does anyone know if its a good idea to put down a booking deposit on a house before i submit my application? I meet all the criteria required.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

B250 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone know if its a good idea to put down a booking deposit on a house before i submit my application? I meet all the criteria required.

Not really. The decision time, even for straight forward applications, is very long for that (6 weeks minimum). Also, with no disrespect, a lot of people who think they have fairly straightforward applications have issues they did not foresee

• Registered Users Posts: 3 B250

Ok thanks for the heads up, iv more or less sale agreed on a property and i am 90% sure i will have no issues with the application..at least the booking deposit is 100% refundable so if i do get refused i can get it back and apply again maybe..

• Advertisement

B250 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the heads up, iv more or less sale agreed on a property and i am 90% sure i will have no issues with the application..at least the booking deposit is 100% refundable so if i do get refused i can get it back and apply again maybe..

Sure, just don't get your hopes too high with that property specifically, as the wait time may be too much for the EA and vendors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bubbles46

Not really. The decision time, even for straight forward applications, is very long for that (6 weeks minimum). Also, with no disrespect, a lot of people who think they have fairly straightforward applications have issues they did not foresee
    Definitely not. I submitted my application mid-July.....Still no word,its only now with the underwriters. Doubt ill even hear back before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bubbles46

I submitted my application mid-July and its only now with the underwriters and my co-co credit committee meets only once a month so I dont think ill even hear back before Christmas.
    I feel like mine is the longest of everyones on this forum. Im so frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sukie

Applied in June... received one missed call (generic council number) with no message a couple of weeks after. Phoned back and SDCC confirmed they had everything they needed. Never heard from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tazzie2011

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kildare County Council?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 adraigh

Hi there,

GENERAL QUERY RE: INCOME THRESHOLD - any help would be greatly appreciated !

I would love to apply for this scheme as a single applicant, however I earn 900 euro a year (gross) over the income limit of 50k for a single applicant. I work in the civil service.

Is there any point applying for this scheme as I am slightly over the income threshold?

I was advised that if I worked in a private company, there may be ways of deferring part of your salary till after your application is done etc.
    However, this would be very unlikely in a civil service job.

Any advice?

Thank you. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

You are over the limit, it is strictly 50k..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adraigh

Thanks for that. Appreciate the reply.

I read earlier in the thread that they use the previous year's P60.
    I earned less than 50k gross in 2017 and therefore the P60 indicates that.

Assume they'd still see my income coming into my bank account now and work out that I earn over 50k now?

Just want to be 100% on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

adraigh wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Appreciate the reply.

I read earlier in the thread that they use the previous year's P60.
    I earned less than 50k gross in 2017 and therefore the P60 indicates that.

Assume they'd still see my income coming into my bank account now and work out that I earn over 50k now?

Just want to be 100% on this

Just apply and find out, I’d rather complete the form and know the answer than speculate

Anyone notice how all the newspaper articles regarding the RIHL talk about what a failure it is? Yet plenty of people on here who it seems to be working for? 134 loans drawn down may seem little but that's 134 people who have might have never owned their own house and this scheme is an answer to their prayers.

Almost like the government want it to be a failure to they can scrap it or not extend. It is literally my only chance to ever be a home owner so here's hoping this doesn't happen :(

Anyone notice how all the newspaper articles regarding the RIHL talk about what a failure it is? Yet plenty of people on here who it seems to be working for? 134 loans drawn down may seem little but that's 134 people who have might have never owned their own house and this scheme is an answer to their prayers.

Almost like the government want it to be a failure to they can scrap it or not extend. It is literally my only chance to ever be a home owner so here's hoping this doesn't happen :(

I agree it's unfair to call it a failure when journalists don't really have anything to compare it to. Who's to say what are good or bad numbers for 31 local authorities trying to run a mortgage scheme with little to no staff trained specifically in this area? I'd also regard 9 months since opening the scheme as still being early days.

On the other hand - I think it is totally fair to criticize Rebuilding Ireland for the lack of unity across County Councils. There's huge variance in the processes and levels of waiting time involved. Councils who are dealing with applications far slower or with more bureaucracy than others should really be corrected in their procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RosyRose

I totally agree with Darkglasses. The Local Authorities needs further training and more staff to deal with all the applications. It will be good if the Authorities who are showing good results can provide training and advise for others. With the same documents we were approved in DCC for 4 weeks and we are still waiting 19 weeks for decision in Kildare. It looks like most of the time the Credit Committee meets once in a month and this is not enough the volume to be handeled. I would love if someone can hear some feedback from applicants and work on the process.

Tazzie2011 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kildare County Council?

I have applied in Kildare and I am waiting for credit Committee to meet this week. If you need any info, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Huge rant coming !!! Applied for loan with kdcc in June back from the underwriters in July and still waiting on a decision every week there is a new excuse . Last week not enough staff today was that there wasn't enough time in the meeting as I wasn't top of the pile even having applied in June that was 5 months ago the meeting only lasted 30 minutes ... I have it all in writing . Has anyone any ideas how I can get an answer please in desperate .. I had to put deposit on a house because it was the last one Ieft we could afford according to them .being pushed out of the area I'm living in even though the mortgage is less than the rent we have being paying for years never mind the saving we have being doing ... should I make a complaint . Sorry for being so negative the scheme sounds like a great opportunity but causing a lot of anxiety

Lee3b wrote: »
    Huge rant coming !!! Applied for loan with kdcc in June back from the underwriters in July and still waiting on a decision every week there is a new excuse . Last week not enough staff today was that there wasn't enough time in the meeting as I wasn't top of the pile even having applied in June that was 5 months ago the meeting only lasted 30 minutes ... I have it all in writing . Has anyone any ideas how I can get an answer please in desperate .. I had to put deposit on a house because it was the last one Ieft we could afford according to them .being pushed out of the area I'm living in even though the mortgage is less than the rent we have being paying for years never mind the saving we have being doing ... should I make a complaint . Sorry for being so negative the scheme sounds like a great opportunity but causing a lot of anxiety

Could explain your situation to a County Councillor and ask them to make representations on your behalf?

• Advertisement

Ok so after last night's rant I'm totally on the other side we got an offer today Wahoo after a long road it can't get any harder that the last 5 months waiting. I know there is more to come but we are over our hardest hurdle .

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Has anyone had experience applying to Waterford council? Hoping for an idea of wait times as I will be applying myself in the next few weeks

Many Thanks

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

Just wondering did anyone share their Structural survey with the Estate Agent?

@RosyRose.
    Thanks for your reply.

We just put an application in 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything yet.Can you tell me what your experience has been so far?

RosyRose wrote: »
    I have applied in Kildare and I am waiting for credit Committee to meet this week. If you need any info, let me know.

Thanks for your reply.

We just put an application in 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything yet.Can you tell me what your experience has been so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sam2904

bubbles46 wrote: »
    I submitted my application mid-July and its only now with the underwriters and my co-co credit committee meets only once a month so I dont think ill even hear back before Christmas.
    I feel like mine is the longest of everyones on this forum. Im so frustrated.

We applied in May. Still waiting to hear back. Was told hould be going to the credit committee in the next 2 weeks

Ok so after last night's rant I'm totally on the other side we got an offer today Wahoo after a long road it can't get any harder that the last 5 months waiting. I know there is more to come but we are over our hardest hurdle .

I am very happy to hear that, Lee3b! Congrats!
    Did you got the offer through post or they called you? They are making me sure that our application should go through Credit Committee this week, so fingers crossed.

I agree it's unfair to call it a failure when journalists don't really have anything to compare it to. Who's to say what are good or bad numbers for 31 local authorities trying to run a mortgage scheme with little to no staff trained specifically in this area? I'd also regard 9 months since opening the scheme as still being early days.

On the other hand - I think it is totally fair to criticize Rebuilding Ireland for the lack of unity across County Councils. There's huge variance in the processes and levels of waiting time involved. Councils who are dealing with applications far slower or with more bureaucracy than others should really be corrected in their procedures.

Yes definitely seems to be totally different depending on what council you go to which isn't fair it should be same rules and processes for each as it's the same scheme overall.
    But from what I've heard the first the council workers heard about it was when government announced it to the public and it was then just an added workload to their existing job with, as you said, little to no training given. In reality there should be a separate task force in each council for this scheme who deal solely with the applications and approvals. They must have know it would be popular!

No it came by email just off the lady who I have u the email address of . She jus was letting me know she signed off our loan approval and to expect it in the post she was posting it as she wrote. Only she was so helpful to me is say we would be still writing .. we will not be buying in the new houses in naas town let's just say with our offer but 10 minutes outside of it . So I'm happy and it's still new . Best of luck with its I'm dying to know... has she let you know how much they will be bringing to the commitee juts in case . She did for us and wasn't suppose to .

• Advertisement

No it came by email just off the lady who I have u the email address of . She jus was letting me know she signed off our loan approval and to expect it in the post she was posting it as she wrote. Only she was so helpful to me is say we would be still writing .. we will not be buying in the new houses in naas town let's just say with our offer but 10 minutes outside of it . So I'm happy and it's still new . Best of luck with its I'm dying to know... has she let you know how much they will be bringing to the commitee juts in case . She did for us and wasn't suppose to .

The same helpful lady told us, we will have decision at the end of September and it looks she was not aware of any existing backlog. :D No one ever updated us on email or phone for whatever.

Advertisement