Thread Closed  

10-04-2004, 19:19   #16
Agent Smith
Did you enjoy the fuhrer's birthday?

Quote:
Originally posted by DeVore

I'm not unbanning anyone from Soccer, I dont know why that forum gives us such grief but I'm not getting involved, I could care less about Man U, Chelsea or any of them but if it causes much more grief, I'll just shut it down.

DeV.

ah go on! please do!

(you know you want to!)
Advertisement
10-04-2004, 19:23   #17
The Muppet

Send a message via MSN to The Muppet
Quote:
Originally posted by agent smith
ah go on! please do!

(you know you want to!)
After all it is easter.
10-04-2004, 19:24   #18
Makaveli

Why add a mod who supports Utd?
The mods all act impartially when making decisions.

The people banned from Soccer are mostly spas. Who cares who they support, a spa is a spa.
10-04-2004, 19:25   #19
Banned

Quote:

The image does look kinda gay to be honest but its your choice.
A topless man makes a signature gay ?
10-04-2004, 19:26   #20
ecksor
Puppy Shotgun

Send a message via MSN to ecksor
Quote:
I appreciate you people have more to do with your time than chase people up on their Sig's but I would like to know what the problem is as I would like to but it back as it was.
I thought you had read the sig rules. Either way, I see you've put it back to what it was already.
Advertisement
10-04-2004, 19:29   #21
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

I hate to say this Muppet but given that you have come up a few times on Admin radars, it may be that you are getting less slack then might otherwise be extended. *shrug*. Blind eyes are turned generally but zero tolerance can also be applied. Again, it wouldnt bother me I'll ask the other admins if they know anything about it. Mods dont have the access rights to alter sigs so it cant be connected to the Soccer forum.

Anyway, as regards that forum, I dont think everyone sees it as "friendly banter" as a lot of people have told me they have stopped reading it because of the incessant in-fighting and tribalism. I'm about one complaint from laying some serious smack down but given that Gandie does a pretty good job of that all on his own I've left it be for the moment.

I'm sure glad you gave us the benefit of the doubt regarding the server... its nice to know you didnt jump to a conclusion though

DeV.
10-04-2004, 19:34   #22
ecksor
Puppy Shotgun

Oh, I did edit the signature to begin with, I thought that was understood.

It is the sort of signature that won't automatically get noticed, but if someone complains (as happened here) and it is breaking the rules, then that'll usually sway it for me.

The aforementioned appearing on the radar and the fact that 'keano was sent home' is most likely linked to some soccer flamewar didn't help much mind you.
10-04-2004, 19:38   #23
Yoda

Send a message via AIM to Yoda Send a message via Yahoo to Yoda
Quote:
The image does look kinda gay to be honest but its your choice.
May I ask
  • if you think that an image of shirtless men implies homosexual content?
  • if you think that homosexual comment is something that should not be in people's sigs?
  • if you are aware that the use of the word "gay" in a perjorative or dismissive sense is offensive to a significant percentage (minority or not) of the membership of Boards.ie?
  • if you are aware that what you have said here has caused offence?
Yoda
10-04-2004, 19:42   #24

Well someone certainly has their knickers in a twist

jk
Advertisement
10-04-2004, 19:42   #25
The Muppet

Quote:
I hate to say this Muppet but given that you have come up a few times on Admin radars, it may be that you are getting less slack then might otherwise be extended. *shrug*. Blind eyes are turned generally but zero tolerance can also be applied. Again, it wouldnt bother me I'll ask the other admins if they know anything about it. Mods dont have the access rights to alter sigs so it cant be connected to the Soccer forum.
Fair comment Dev and thanks for you intervention. I take it my current sig is ok so.

Quote:
Anyway, as regards that forum, I dont think everyone sees it as "friendly banter" as a lot of people have told me they have stopped reading it because of the incessant in-fighting and tribalism. I'm about one complaint from laying some serious smack down but given that Gandie does a pretty good job of that all on his own I've left it be for the moment.[/B]
I can see that point it does get a bit annoying at times but then at other time it can be very civil. I suppose different people have different cut off points .

Quote:
I'm sure glad you gave us the benefit of the doubt regarding the server... its nice to know you didnt jump to a conclusion though

DeV. [/B]
I must be mellowing.

Thanks Again

The Muppet
10-04-2004, 19:45   #26
ecksor
Puppy Shotgun

Quote:
Originally posted by The Muppet
Fair comment Dev and thanks for you intervention. I take it my current sig is ok so.
Why did you put it back without waiting for an answer to that question?
10-04-2004, 19:48   #27
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

Yoda... who said I was using it in a pejorative way? I think you are tilting at windmills to be honest!

Perhaps I should have spelt it "Ghey" as I wasnt actually thinking about any homosexual content in it. Though now that you mention it, it does kinda look like that too

DeV.
10-04-2004, 19:49   #28
Makaveli

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoda
May I ask
  • if you think that an image of shirtless men implies homosexual content?
  • if you think that homosexual comment is something that should not be in people's sigs?
  • if you are aware that the use of the word "gay" in a perjorative or dismissive sense is offensive to a significant percentage (minority or not) of the membership of Boards.ie?
  • if you are aware that what you have said here has caused offence?
Yoda

Unclench.
10-04-2004, 19:51   #29
The Muppet

Quote:
Originally posted by ecksor
Why did you put it back without waiting for an answer to that question?

Sorry I assumed it would be ok as Dev said he didn,t see a problem with it and I didn,t know who had edited it. If you want me to edit it awaiting a final decision I will.

Last edited by The Muppet; 10-04-2004 at 19:55.
10-04-2004, 19:57   #30
Yoda

Send a message via AIM to Yoda Send a message via Yahoo to Yoda
Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli
Unclench.
Be a member of a disrespected minority and say that.
Thread Closed