Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Awh children are so sympathetic.

When I was having my first scan for my now 4 month old, my then two and a half year old came with me.

So I got up on the table and the doctor started doing the scan and my child looked shocked and seemed to have a realisation and said "your a broken toy"

She'd been watching a bit too much Doc McStuffin at the time :)

My two year old loves singing the "I feel better" song.. So adorable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 5 year old daughter was chatting with my 8year old son. They were discussing computer games that they use in iPads in school. He was talking About spelling games and she said to him
    'There's an app for that you know'

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

["QUOTE=Diamond Doll";97916891]My head might just explode with the cuteness of this!

It's a side-by-side comparison of my son with my dad's dad (he died long before I was born) at the same age.

They are identical! And adorable. Lookit the little dress!!![/QUOTE]

That is uncanny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Repeating 'cah' after us while we were pointing at the cat <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Laughing and squealing when we were playing peekaboo - it used to be really difficult to get her to laugh but it anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

Dolbert wrote: »
    Repeating 'cah' after us while we were pointing at the cat <3

ah lovely my nephew does this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Was getting the three year old to help me tidy up Lego earlier. She wasn't being very helpful, so I asked her to come on. Her reply was "I can't, Mammy, I'm doing my list." When I looked up, I realised she was holding this pretend clip board she has and with an imaginary pen was ticking it, saying 'Lego' every time I threw a piece in the box!

Work shy wee madam that one! Probably heading for a career in management though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 4 1/2 year old son everytime he sees a motorbike he roars "pull a wheelie".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a blanket on the couch that I usually wrap myself up in at night if I'm watching tv. After my daughter was born ten weeks ago, I'd feed her on the couch and she'd sleep on me for hours with this blanket around us. For the last few days I've been trying to get her into more of a routine so we're not just glued to the couch constantly. She would not fall asleep at all, even though she was absolutely exhausted, until I finally covered her with my blanket.

She clung on to it with both of her tiny fists, pulled it up to her face and smiled before falling asleep right away. It was one of those moments where my heart felt like it was going to burst with love for her. She's right beside me now, snoring. I guess it's not my blanket anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Novella wrote: »
    I have a blanket on the couch that I usually wrap myself up in at night if I'm watching tv. After my daughter was born ten weeks ago, I'd feed her on the couch and she'd sleep on me for hours with this blanket around us. For the last few days I've been trying to get her into more of a routine so we're not just glued to the couch constantly. She would not fall asleep at all, even though she was absolutely exhausted, until I finally covered her with my blanket.

She clung on to it with both of her tiny fists, pulled it up to her face and smiled before falling asleep right away. It was one of those moments where my heart felt like it was going to burst with love for her. She's right beside me now, snoring. I guess it's not my blanket anymore!

I have a blanket like this but it's on my bed. She I still manage to retain ownership, if either of the boys get sick it automatically becomes theirs. It's a real comfort thing. So lovely to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My 2 yr old will not feed himself - he hates getting food on his hands, and has a meltdown. Yesterday, he sat in a restaurant delicately dipping chips into ketchup for the first time :) (I don't care that it was chips & ketchup. It'll be veg sticks and hummus soon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

my 15 month old kept taking the bin from the bathroom but after being told 'no' and 'put it back' countless times, he now picks up the bin then puts it back and gives himself a little round of applause! I would prefer if he left it alone, but it is very cute :)

my 15 month old kept taking the bin from the bathroom but after being told 'no' and 'put it back' countless times, he now picks up the bin then puts it back and gives himself a little round of applause! I would prefer if he left it alone, but it is very cute :)

That's adorable!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was doing my last big shop before Christmas yesterday. Before we started our busy afternoon's shopping, I asked my nine year old if she would remind me to get a large padded envelope in the supermarket. When we were packing our groceries at the checkout, my daughter turns around to me and says with a massive grin.....

"Oh mam, you forgot to get your large padded underpants"....I so wanted to die :o

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I was doing my last big shop before Christmas yesterday. Before we started our busy afternoon's shopping, I asked my nine year old if she would remind me to get a large padded envelope in the supermarket. When we were packing our groceries at the checkout, my daughter turns around to me and says with a massive grin.....

"Oh mam, you forgot to get your large padded underpants"....I so wanted to die :o

Did she forget it was an envelope or was she trying to embarrass you. That's so funny!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

10 month old constantly making me smile and laugh this last few weeks. The way he sits from standing which is like throw his bumb back out as he bends so he lands sitting up on his nappy and his face nearly hitting his toes. How he's learnt to laugh to himself when playing. The way he's learnt that some things aren't allowed (already?!) and yet will look at you to check if you are looking then do it anyways (standing on his fisher price chair). The way he sways to music...

Man I love being a parent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

trixychic wrote: »
    Did she forget it was an envelope or was she trying to embarrass you. That's so funny!!!
    My daughter loves to engage in a bit of devilment, she knew it was an envelope but she wanted to mortify me!

This is the same child who a few years ago sang Aloe Blacc's, I Need A Dollar at the top of her voice when I found myself at a checkout with a week's grocery shopping packed and no credit card to pay for it.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    My daughter loves to engage in a bit of devilment, she knew it was an envelope but she wanted to mortify me!

This is the same child who a few years ago sang Aloe Blacc's, I Need A Dollar at the top of her voice when I found myself at a checkout with a week's grocery shopping packed and no credit card to pay for it.

That is hilarious. God I would be mortified too!!! She'll go far that girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My sons birthday today,he is 6.We are playing Air Hockey and he keeps winning.Its just a perfect day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Talking to my 3 year old earlier and explaining "new years". She got it a bit muddled up and called it "yew nears" so Happy Yew Nears everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

5yo came down spooked by fireworks and ended up learning Auld Lang Syne. :D

Talking to my 3 year old earlier and explaining "new years". She got it a bit muddled up and called it "yew nears" so Happy Yew Nears everyone :)

Happy yew nears. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe to her it means 'I'm happy to have you near'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My eight month old has started to play a game with me and gestures when they want to play - so cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 22 month old is lying in bed singing "jingle bells", all she knows of it is "jingle bells" so it's been repeated with some interjections of santa claus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Had my 3 year old up on my shoulders her using my head as a steering wheel of a car. Driving around the house under her control for 15 minutes has me whacked. great fun and laughs though

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

When my 2 year old woke from her nap and I asked her what did she dream about . Her smile that followed lit up the room and she described a very funny dream where she was playing drums on a dirty floor and the doctor came to fix it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

My 16 month old stands up in his cot waiting to be picked up when he wakes from his nap. Today I went in to him and he waved his hands to be picked up. When I got close to him, he turned around real quick and lay back down on his front. I said 'oh are you still sleepy?' and he started breaking his heart laughing! He was messing with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

15 month old spent fifteen minutes wrestling a Rupert the Bear that's bigger than her around the bed while laughing her head off the other night.

I'd swear she even managed a powerslam! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

In the time it took me to pop to the loo and back my 22 month old permanently disabled the touchpad on my laptop* and wrote all over the screen in pen

*it happened 3 weeks ago and I now have to attach an external mouse each time.

Advertisement