Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-11-2015, 13:00   #2041
xalot

My two year old saw that I had writing on the back of my hand and thought I'd hurt myself, he got very concerned, then kissed it and said 'now, all better'.
Advertisement
30-11-2015, 13:36   #2042

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalot View Post
My two year old saw that I had writing on the back of my hand and thought I'd hurt myself, he got very concerned, then kissed it and said 'now, all better'.
Awh children are so sympathetic.

When I was having my first scan for my now 4 month old, my then two and a half year old came with me.

So I got up on the table and the doctor started doing the scan and my child looked shocked and seemed to have a realisation and said "your a broken toy"

She'd been watching a bit too much Doc McStuffin at the time
30-11-2015, 18:14   #2043

My head might just explode with the cuteness of this!

It's a side-by-side comparison of my son with my dad's dad (he died long before I was born) at the same age.

They are identical! And adorable. Lookit the little dress!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (37.6 KB, 308 views)
30-11-2015, 22:47   #2044
Makapakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewinged View Post
Awh children are so sympathetic.

When I was having my first scan for my now 4 month old, my then two and a half year old came with me.

So I got up on the table and the doctor started doing the scan and my child looked shocked and seemed to have a realisation and said "your a broken toy"

She'd been watching a bit too much Doc McStuffin at the time
My two year old loves singing the "I feel better" song.. So adorable
(3) thanks from:
01-12-2015, 16:38   #2045
Lisha

My 5 year old daughter was chatting with my 8year old son. They were discussing computer games that they use in iPads in school. He was talking About spelling games and she said to him
'There's an app for that you know'
Advertisement
01-12-2015, 20:10   #2046
pinc

["QUOTE=Diamond Doll";97916891]My head might just explode with the cuteness of this!

It's a side-by-side comparison of my son with my dad's dad (he died long before I was born) at the same age.

They are identical! And adorable. Lookit the little dress!!![/QUOTE]

That is uncanny!

Last edited by pinc; 01-12-2015 at 20:11. Reason: Spelling
(2) thanks from:
03-12-2015, 20:15   #2047

Repeating 'cah' after us while we were pointing at the cat <3
03-12-2015, 21:04   #2048
angeldelight

Laughing and squealing when we were playing peekaboo - it used to be really difficult to get her to laugh but it anymore!
04-12-2015, 00:09   #2049
MDwyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolbert View Post
Repeating 'cah' after us while we were pointing at the cat <3
ah lovely my nephew does this
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-12-2015, 21:36   #2050
implausible

Was getting the three year old to help me tidy up Lego earlier. She wasn't being very helpful, so I asked her to come on. Her reply was "I can't, Mammy, I'm doing my list." When I looked up, I realised she was holding this pretend clip board she has and with an imaginary pen was ticking it, saying 'Lego' every time I threw a piece in the box!

Work shy wee madam that one! Probably heading for a career in management though...

Last edited by implausible; 04-12-2015 at 22:33.
04-12-2015, 21:42   #2051
dubstarr

My 4 1/2 year old son everytime he sees a motorbike he roars "pull a wheelie".
05-12-2015, 03:02   #2052
Novella

I have a blanket on the couch that I usually wrap myself up in at night if I'm watching tv. After my daughter was born ten weeks ago, I'd feed her on the couch and she'd sleep on me for hours with this blanket around us. For the last few days I've been trying to get her into more of a routine so we're not just glued to the couch constantly. She would not fall asleep at all, even though she was absolutely exhausted, until I finally covered her with my blanket.

She clung on to it with both of her tiny fists, pulled it up to her face and smiled before falling asleep right away. It was one of those moments where my heart felt like it was going to burst with love for her. She's right beside me now, snoring. I guess it's not my blanket anymore!
05-12-2015, 03:09   #2053
trixychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella View Post
I have a blanket on the couch that I usually wrap myself up in at night if I'm watching tv. After my daughter was born ten weeks ago, I'd feed her on the couch and she'd sleep on me for hours with this blanket around us. For the last few days I've been trying to get her into more of a routine so we're not just glued to the couch constantly. She would not fall asleep at all, even though she was absolutely exhausted, until I finally covered her with my blanket.

She clung on to it with both of her tiny fists, pulled it up to her face and smiled before falling asleep right away. It was one of those moments where my heart felt like it was going to burst with love for her. She's right beside me now, snoring. I guess it's not my blanket anymore!
I have a blanket like this but it's on my bed. She I still manage to retain ownership, if either of the boys get sick it automatically becomes theirs. It's a real comfort thing. So lovely to see.
Thanks from:
05-12-2015, 11:02   #2054
nikpmup

My 2 yr old will not feed himself - he hates getting food on his hands, and has a meltdown. Yesterday, he sat in a restaurant delicately dipping chips into ketchup for the first time (I don't care that it was chips & ketchup. It'll be veg sticks and hummus soon!)
18-12-2015, 21:11   #2055
madeinamerica

my 15 month old kept taking the bin from the bathroom but after being told 'no' and 'put it back' countless times, he now picks up the bin then puts it back and gives himself a little round of applause! I would prefer if he left it alone, but it is very cute

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion